• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

There's no place like home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no place like home

Taking the grandkids to the SW tomorrow, to stay on a farm for a week. Next Thursday is the big balloon festival at Bristol, and I have been looking forward to seeing this for a couple of years

Up up, and away

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Taking the grandkids to the SW tomorrow, to stay on a farm for a week. Next Thursday is the big balloon festival at Bristol, and I have been looking forward to seeing this for a couple of years

Up up, and away

And a very appropriate city for it too.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Up up, and away

Is this little sojourn likely to spawn any more interesting tales then EO?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Dullard.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

it's the way I tell em.

In september, me and the missus fly into SanDiego. Then we drive to Yellowstone, then North.
          Through Canada (BC) then into Alaska. Across to Anchorage .
          Then back to Seattle.

If that doesnt generate a chapter for my book, I'll eat my wifes hat. because I havnt got one.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              it's an English phrase. 'I'll eat my hat'
              it means, the chances are so good that I will bet a lot on it.

The Russian equivilent would be 'zis is so certainski, zat if eet dsntt vork, I vill neffer touch vodka or skwerls againski'

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
                Dullard.
                Up all night working on that were we bandywaister?
                For you, it is a quantum leap forward anyway. Well done!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It's not the word I just blurted out.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

12 pints of zider with Shaunbhoy in Yeovil , and I will float back to the farmhouse like a dirigable

tulip, I bet I could get people to book flights on me. 'Roll up for a flight on the EO nightglow special. no smoking please.'

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X