• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halal only school dinners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halal only school dinners

Have we debated this?

This should get the Daily Mail brigade hot under the collar.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Are there any Christians left in Harrow?
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I haven't read the article but I'm appalled anyway.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

A disgrace.

All animals for the pot should be allowed to die in combat, like bull-fighting, fox-hunting and pheasant-shooting.

Comment

I did like the way they used a shot of a butcher in Pakistan ( or similar ) to illustrate the story rather than a slaughter house over here. Nothing like reinforcing a few stereotypes.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            I did like the way they used a shot of a butcher in Pakistan ( or similar ) to illustrate the story rather than a slaughter house over here. Nothing like reinforcing a few stereotypes.
            It is the Daily Star!
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Dhimmitude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

What a non-story. WGAS how they kill the animals?
                If God did not mean us to eat them, he would not have given us teeth FFS.
                Get over it and move on...........only the handwringing PC treehuggers care a toss anyway, and why would anyone be concerned about THOSE sad reprobates?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You do realise that the Daily Star makes up its stories? You'll get more reliable news from Viz.

From Harrow council:

It is simply not correct that Harrow Council is insisting that its schools serve only Halal meat... Halal meat is clearly marked on menus and there are always alternative choices. During this time we have received no complaints from parents or pupils.

More interesting (if only because they're true) are the following stories:

- and that's just this year

Comment

Slaughtering may be a necessity but humane methods, including stunning first, are not irrelevant. Ritual slaughter, halal or kosher, is backward crap for irrational reasons. Why do we pander to it?

You need to read that statement from Harrow Council a bit more carefully before you denounce right wing papers as wrong Nick, it is a very carefully phrased and weasely statement. The council does not insist schools use that supplier but if they do, it is not actually stated that equivalent non halal meat choices are available. If there is meatpie, are there halal and non halal versions? From the wording and from common sense reasons of economy, I would not think so. Requiring children to always make do with vegetarian or fish is not offering a full non halal menu.

PS Incidentally that fascist organisation the BBC is now reporting that it's halal meat or make do with non meat choices.

Nine Harrow secondary schools already provide pupils with meat prepared according to Islamic law in a scheme that has been running for two years.<br><br>
                    Harrow Council said it had received "no complaints" about serving halal-only meat, with vegetarian and fish options.<br><br>
                    Now 52 primary schools in the area will have the option of taking part in the same programme.
                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-10884787

I have to say that of all arguments people deploy there are few stupider than those along the lines of "It's In The Daily Mail" as if that actually proves anything one way or another. It is perfectly true that tabloid papers in particular (The Mirror is just as bad) are selective in what they print but selective does not equate to wrong.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 6 August 2010, 19:58.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X