• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice friendly Americans at it again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice friendly Americans at it again

BBC News - US to charge

Not content with treating British visitors as terrorist suspects, they will now charge you $14 entry to USA .
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

It costs money to maintain that system, why do you expect it to be free? If anything cost of travel to USA greatly exceeds that small token price of £9 they want to charge.

Here is some reality check for you idiot:

Visa application fees for visits

£68 short term (up to 6 months), used to be around £25-30 about 10 years ago when I had one.

I don't think it applies to USA (maybe it should), but the reality is that this country charges a LOT for visas: the price has gone up big time in the last 10 years.

Anyone who can't afford £68 visa to visit UK should not be going here at all - same applies to any other country really, including USA and this has got nothing to do with them being nice or not.

Comment

I did warn you. Sminki
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        BBC News - US to charge

Not content with treating British visitors as terrorist suspects, they will now charge you $14 entry to USA .

You are a c0ck. Richard Reid was British. Why should we be different? If anything, the UK harbours most of these ****ers and gives them a council house and a nice EU passport.
        "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          If anything, the UK harbours most of these ****ers and gives them a council house and a nice EU passport.
          Aye, sadly.

Thank you nuLieBore. Will LibCon do anything about it? Not on you fracking nelly.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            You are a c0ck. Richard Reid was British. Why should we be different? If anything, the UK harbours most of these ****ers and gives them a council house and a nice EU passport.
            He may be British but he looks like a terrorist.

That for me is good enough. Swarthy skin, turban, beard, Irish accent, shoes too big. That's good enough for me. Count the bumps on their heads. That's good enough for me!!!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It costs money to maintain that system, why do you expect it to be free?
              It costs money to keep Google going, but they don't charge you a fee for visiting the site, so thats "free". Google charge those that financially benefit (i.e. the advertisers).

In the case of border checks for tourists, it's entirely reasonable to pass on the costs to those that financially benefit from tourism - the US taxpayer at large.

Also they seem to expect to turn a profit from it - which will be used to "promote US tourism"

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It costs money to maintain that system, why do you expect it to be free? If anything cost of travel to USA greatly exceeds that small token price of £9 they want to charge.

Here is some reality check for you idiot:

Visa application fees for visits

£68 short term (up to 6 months), used to be around £25-30 about 10 years ago when I had one.

I don't think it applies to USA (maybe it should), but the reality is that this country charges a LOT for visas: the price has gone up big time in the last 10 years.

Anyone who can't afford £68 visa to visit UK should not be going here at all - same applies to any other country really, including USA and this has got nothing to do with them being nice or not.

US visitors to the UK do not need visas. The UK is the lapdog of the USA
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  It costs money to keep Google going, but they don't charge you a fee for visiting the site, so thats "free". Google charge those that financially benefit (i.e. the advertisers).
                  No, it's not free - you pay indirectly via increased sale prices. The "freer" the up front cost the higher hidden fee is, no exceptions.

US taxpayer is fully entitled to charge for it - £9 is feck all, be grateful you don't have to get actual full visa to visit them.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    US visitors to the UK do not need visas. The UK is the lapdog of the USA
                    I have not heard of US citizens coming from USA to UK to blow up airplane and stuff like that, where as the opposite is certainly true.

Comment

Working...
                    X