• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To swim in a Dumpster or the river Aare, tough choice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To swim in a Dumpster or the river Aare, tough choice

If this dumpster were in Glasgow they're d be a trolly and dead body by now..

BBC News - Cool down in New York with a dip in a dumpster

BBC News - Close-Up: Swimming in Berne's fast-flowing city river
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Tough choice indeed, though with the rain we've had the last couple of weeks the local rivers are flowing way too fast for swimming at the moment.

As a side note, it amuses me that the English media always use the French rather than German name for Swiss place names. Bern is a German speaking area (and from a contracting point of view they are more keen than anywhere else I've come across that you do speak German).
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I like the dumpster idea.

What's the betting it makes it's way over to London next year - skip swimming anyone?

On a similar theme: Bill Murray Dumpster Diving & Wild Swimming.

Comment

Working...
      X