• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well I'd say that has settled it anyway!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'd say that has settled it anyway!!

BBC News - Birmingham couple murdered in Pakistan

Lajbar Khan of the Birmingham Pashtun Association said the pair had been shot. He said they were in Pakistan to settle an arranged marriage dispute.

Neighbour May Sparrow said Mr Wazir had lived in the city his whole life and was "a proper Brummie"

Maybe, had his son married "a proper Brummie", he might still be alive. Ah well............life's a Bitch!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

I was up there on Saturday to watch a footy match, and I found the brummie accent endearing. Especially the young lady that served me at half time.

She would have made a fine catch for Mr Wazir, although she wasn't Asian so that might have put the kybosh on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      I was up there on Saturday to watch a footy match, and I found the brummie accent endearing. Especially the young lady that served me at half time.
      Got stuck in a long queue for a flight once next to an old lady with a Brummie accent who couldn't stop whinging. The thought of a Brummie mother in law was enough to put me off Brummie girls for a lifetime.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

We have a Brummie that works alongside us. Thankfully we only ever get exposed to his monosyllabic whining on a fortnightly conference call. Dreariest fooker on the planet into the bargain too. Bad mix!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          50 SB Detective points to zeity for spotting my....errm....deliberate mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            50 SB Detective points to zeity for spotting my....errm....deliberate mistake!

And mine.

Unless she prefers girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              Got stuck in a long queue for a flight once next to an old lady with a Brummie accent who couldn't stop whinging. The thought of a Brummie mother in law was enough to put me off Brummie girls for a lifetime.
              Oh, the one I met was quite cheerful.

I'll qualify what I said earlier then: I think brummie girls are nice when they are cheerful.

Comment

Working...
              X