• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To comunicate or not to communicate, that is the question.....!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To comunicate or not to communicate, that is the question.....!!

It makes me laugh - some organisations make a big song and dance about communication. As per my previous posting regarding being told when to include someone on communication and when not to, I am always amused at ClientCo when someone is out of the office.

Here is the latest 'communication'....
    XYZ will be in at about lunch time today. Problem with his gas – he is expecting a visit from British Gas by around midday
    I don't think they have heard much of "Out of Office Assistent"!!

It's a shame they aren't this diligent on important project, process related or organisational related information......! I think they should go on a communication course....!!

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    It makes me laugh - some organisations make a big song and dance about communication. As per my previous posting regarding being told when to include someone on communication and when not to, I am always amused at ClientCo when someone is out of the office.

Here is the latest 'communication'....

I don't think they have heard much of "Out of Office Assistent"!!

It's a shame they aren't this diligent on important project, process related or organisational related information......! I think they should go on a communication course....!!
    Hmm, its not Public Sector is it?
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Stop press.....another one!

Just 10 mins later, here is the latest "comms"......

ABC is running a little bit late this morning, but he should be here within the hour

I am just so gripped with excitement.........cant't wait for the next one!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        Hmm, its not Public Sector is it?
        Got it in one!! lol No prizes I am afraid Pogle - bit too much of a giveaway!! Out of curiosity I have been 'collecting' emails such as the two above over the past 3 weeks. In that time, there have been 28 such emails.....!!
        Last edited by Mustang; 9 August 2010, 09:04.

Comment

And another one........!!

Ladies, Gentleman and Atw, the latest and greatest from Client Co.......

DEF is on A/L this week
          This woman has been in 45 mins and I wonder what work she has actually done!! Next thing you know she will be posting on CUK........!!

Comment

If ABC has gas problems he's very open with it, maybe a doctor would be better.

It's not just public sector, I had a lot of that at my last clientco (private sector).
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              If ABC has gas problems he's very open with it, maybe a doctor would be better.

It's not just public sector, I had a lot of that at my last clientco (private sector).
              My thoughts exactly. He should try massaging his tummy in a clockwise direction, as I do with babyson.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

"Communication skills" is a concept invented by the thickos who run Britain's businesses. What they really mean is we are too thick to understand complicated concepts so please simplify them for us.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Surprise, surprise....

Just got the following update........

XYZ will not be in today........Gas problem is yet to be fixed.

OMG - is that the best excuse he could come up with?! :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X