• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I in a dream?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I in a dream?

Recently agents have been phoning me up about urgent roles (only one or two have been fishing expeditions). Even last Friday afternoon I received 7 phone calls from agents about roles and the rates have been good as well.

Has the news about HSBC and RBS profits got other companies all excited and they all have decided to recruit?

I am not used to this - usually I have to ring them and be told that the agent is 'away from his desk' or in a meeting.

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
    Recently agents have been phoning me up about urgent roles (only one or two have been fishing expeditions). Even last Friday afternoon I received 7 phone calls from agents about roles and the rates have been good as well.

Has the news about HSBC and RBS profits got other companies all excited and they all have decided to recruit?

I am not used to this - usually I have to ring them and be told that the agent is 'away from his desk' or in a meeting.
    I normally find that when I receive this many calls in an evening that it's the Inland Revenue checking me out for an audit.

Probably nothing to worry about though.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How can you close and fail?
      How can the light that burned so brightly
      Suddenly burn so pale?
      Bright eyes

Comment

General Trend

My question is if this part of a general trend or was the agent calls just a freak spike ? Are you all noticing a pick up in demand?

Comment

Working...
        X