• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To any Islamic fundamentalists who happen to be reading CUK…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To any Islamic fundamentalists who happen to be reading CUK…

When the big über-jihad kicks off…

Will we all be forced to listen to Cat Stevens records? (actually I quite like The First Cut and Matthew and Son so it can’t be all that bad)

Will we all be made to eat stewed lamb and couscous?

Will I be allowed to have a little drinky along with the Sufis?

Will you be ridding the world of Geert Wilders and his rather boring followers? (please, pretty please)
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I love my dog,
    more than I love yoooooooooou....

I like a nice tagine myself, very tasty if it's done right.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Three-quarters of non-Muslims believe Islam negative for Britain | World news | guardian.co.uk

You may try to marginalise the xenophobic views of MIB, but unfortunately the groundswell is with him.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        Three-quarters of non-Muslims believe Islam negative for Britain | World news | guardian.co.uk

You may try to marginalise the xenophobic views of MIB, but unfortunately the groundswell is with him.
        You do have a point there. I've long suspected that the majority are as thick as two short planks, and this adds to my suspicions.

I particularly like this little collection of assertions;

Four-fifths of those polled said they have less than very little knowledge about Islam

94% agreed that "Islam oppresses women"

77% did not agree in any way that Muslims should do more to teach people about their faith

Am I the only one to sense a little irony in the ignorant wishing to remain ignorant while making assertions based on that very ignorance?

Idiots. We really need to think again about democracy.
        Last edited by Mich the Tester; 10 August 2010, 13:17.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          You do have a point there. I've long suspected that the majority are as thick as two short planks, and this adds to my suspicions.

Four-fifths of those polled said they have less than very little knowledge about Islam

94% agreed that "Islam oppresses women"

77% did not agree in any way that Muslims should do more to teach people about their faith

Am I the only one to sense a little irony in the ignorant wishing to remain ignorant while making assertions based on that very ignorance?

Idiots. We really need to think again about democracy.
          Are the bottom two assertions made by the 1/5th that had any knowledge of Islam? Otherwise its a pretty useless poll...other than exposing what the media has been feeding for the past 9 years and the results of.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            The groundswell was with those that believed the Earth was flat as well though. For most of the same reasons.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

You dont't have to read "Mein Kampf" to realize that Nazism was evil.

Ditto, you don't have to read "Das Kapital" to realize that Communism
              was wrong.

The truth about Islam is that the more you know about it, the scarier it
              becomes.

Islam seeks supremacy and domination, not equality or understanding.

Comment

Perhaps there's a case for all religious indoctrination to be discontinued at schools. Impressionable young minds and all that. It sometimes seems bizarre that in this day and age ancient superstitions of any sort are still taught in school, and often passed off as fact.

Comment

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
                  You dont't have to read "Mein Kampf" to realize that Nazism was evil.

Ditto, you don't have to read "Das Kapital" to realize that Communism
                  was wrong.

The truth about Islam is that the more you know about it, the scarier it
                  becomes.

Islam seeks supremacy and domination, not equality or understanding.
                  Same tired old lines again and again. Do you keep a notepad file open on your desktop and spend all day pasting this bile into the perhaps 100 or posts you make everyday.

How about a chat with an evangelical minister? They're not much into understanding either.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    The groundswell was with those that believed the Earth was flat as well though. For most of the same reasons.

So we have to wait for some mathematical proof ?
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X