• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract with JLR? Not for much longer perhaps

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract with JLR? Not for much longer perhaps

Tata Motors plans Land Rover assemblage in India from next year - India Business - Business - The Times of India

Never mind if your contract goes east there is plenty of other work in Britains booming economy.

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
    Tata Motors plans Land Rover assemblage in India from next year - India Business - Business - The Times of India

Never mind if your contract goes east there is plenty of other work in Britains booming economy.
    It makes economic sense building them there for the chinese and asian markets if the demand is there.

What's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      What's the problem?
      The problem is UK's Govt policies that result in few remaining desirable items made in UK to stop being made here resulting in job, tax and prestige losses.

The reason I post this is because one can hardly expect from someone like you to have an ounce of strategic thinking.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        The problem is UK's Govt policies that result in few remaining desirable items made in UK to stop being made here resulting in job, tax and prestige losses.

The reason I post this is because one can hardly expect from someone like you to have an ounce of strategic thinking.

HTH
        The article doesn't mention anything about production in the UK ending.

That's better, AtW is now back on the old ignore list.
        Last edited by SupremeSpod; 10 August 2010, 17:05.

Comment

The article doesn't mention anything about production in the UK ending.
          It doesn't. But you kind of think its the beginning of the end.

Much as I hated the last Labour Government Peter Mandelsohn did select JLR as one of the 'crown jewels' of British manufacturing that could not be allowed to go bust.

I wonder if Vince Cable will give a monkeys?

Comment

Much as I hated the last Labour Government Peter Mandelsohn did select JLR as one of the 'crown jewels' of British manufacturing that could not be allowed to go bust.
            No, they just sold it to their friends in India and offered subsidies to keep it afloat at least until General Election.

Why would they keep manufacturing in UK if they move it to India with China nearby?

Comment

It doesn't. But you kind of think its the beginning of the end.

I wonder if Vince Cable will give a monkeys?
              It's a business. If it makes economic sense to keep a manufacturing base in the UK then it will happen.

If you want to help then go and buy a new Range Rover.

Comment

If it makes economic sense to keep a manufacturing base in the UK then it will happen.
                It made economic sense to Germany, France, even USA and Japan have kept onto most important stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X