• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some proper doom for a change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some proper doom for a change

BBC News - New 'superbug' found in UK hospitals

Not a superbug per se, but a new gene that existing bugs can pick up that makes them immune to the antibiotics of last resort. Scary.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    BBC News - New 'superbug' found in UK hospitals

Not a superbug per se, but a new gene that existing bugs can pick up that makes them immune to the antibiotics of last resort. Scary.
    Bring back Matron!

Comment

Is the NHS budget for buxom women in tight fitting uniforms going to be impacted by the cuts? I think we should be told.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Oh I'm really scared.

I think we should call on the pharma companies to charge us vast sums to sort it out.

I wonder where the press release originates from?

Or is it the HPA - are they about to have their funding cut?

Cynically yours...

T

Comment

pffft. You call that doom...

Climate change will kill you

Many more people will die of heart problems as global warming continues, experts are warning.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Bring back Matron!
            Oooooh, you need to hear one of Lady Tester’s rants about outsourced cleaning in healthcare.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BBC article
              ...experts warn...scientists fear...And experts fear...clear and frightening...The fear would be...put out an alert...disturbing resistance...some fatal...

Every silver lining has a cloud
              And each piece of good fortune must be paid for by the pound
              I've become so cynical these days,
              I don't know how it started but it won't go away
              See the lines around my eyes,
              See the sarcasm in my smile,
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                pffft. You call that doom...

Climate change will kill you

Many more people will die of heart problems as global warming continues, experts are warning.
                Climate change gives you a chronic case of the gypsies, so I'm told.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Oooooh, you need to hear one of Lady Tester’s rants about outsourced cleaning in healthcare.
                  What cleaning?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I know you think Im awfully sqaure -
                    But Ive met everyone
                    And Ive been everywhere

Lord I'd take an overdose-
                    If they knew whats going down
                    If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                    X