• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reducing Carbon Emissions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reducing Carbon Emissions

Looks like the government is serious:

Business facing a wave of green taxes - Telegraph

Well it's worth it, we need to save the planet.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by blasterbates View Post
    well it's worth it, we need to save the economy.
    ftfy

hth
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Ah yes, that's what we need. More taxes. Tax is good. Yes. Wibble.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

This would never have happened under the... no, wait, my mistake.

Comment

It's quite interesting how it's been completely hidden.

I sort of wonder how a manufacturer firmly cabled up to the National Grid is going to reduce his Carbon Emissions by "becoming more efficient". So are they saying they didn't care about the electricity bills? Probably cheaper to pay the fine than employ an army of energy saving experts to fill out the forms. Just basically an increase in business tax, a sort of insdiscriminate tax really that will just hit manufacturers hard instead of banks, insurance companies and hairdressers. Well Napolen did say we were a nation of shopkeepers.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Well it's worth it, we need to save the planet.

WHS
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              It's quite interesting how it's been completely hidden.

I sort of wonder how a manufacturer firmly cabled up to the National Grid is going to reduce his Carbon Emissions by "becoming more efficient". So are they saying they didn't care about the electricity bills? Probably cheaper to pay the fine than employ an army of energy saving experts to fill out the forms. Just basically an increase in business tax, a sort of insdiscriminate tax really that will just hit manufacturers hard instead of banks, insurance companies and hairdressers. Well Napolen did say we were a nation of shopkeepers.
              So basically it will reduce the UKs carbon output by forcing industry (whats left of it) to relocate to somewhere more friendly.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Don't worry about my carbon emissions. It's the hydrogen sulfide that'll get you.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Don't worry about my carbon emissions. It's the hydrogen sulfide that'll get you.
                  It's probably the inhalation of one's vomit as they smell the high concentration of thiols in the flatulence!
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    It's probably the inhalation of one's vomit as they smell the high concentration of thiols in the flatulence!
                    Thanks for that; I followed one of the links to this.

Chemistry's brilliant!

Note the imaginative names for smelly compounds;

"Who-Me?"
                    Five ingredients are used to make this sulfur-based chemical, which smells of rotting carcasses. "Who-Me?" was developed during World War II so that French resistance fighters could humiliate German soldiers by making them stink.
                    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 11 August 2010, 12:53.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X