• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Markets fall on analysts' fears bla bla more of that boring bulltulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markets fall on analysts' fears bla bla more of that boring bulltulip

Here we go again.

Obviously someone wants another bloody recession. So you talk things down, panic everyone about double-dippy stuff just as long as people get spooked then lo and behold, along comes a recession again and you get rich saying you predicted it and everyone should buy your book about the next recession.

FFS, do bankers, 'analysts' and 'market forecasters' have some problem with not getting enough attention from the media for a week or so?

Why don't they just shut the F*** up and go back to work?

What with all these ´market fears´, should those who work in the financial markets be sent outdoors wearing crash helmets to protect them against falling pigeon tulip?

Sorry, but I'm bored to death with the inability of a complete sector of the economy to function acceptably without visiting economic doom and the accompanying social destruction on the societies that sustain it.

So, finance people; GET YOUR EFFING ACT TOGETHER.
    Last edited by Mich the Tester; 11 August 2010, 15:37.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I blame HAB
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Short selling.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        I blame HAB
        Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Short selling.
        You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

It must be great to be an analyst.

I think the price of prawns is going to go down. Hey, all my traders: quick, sell all your prawns!
          Look, the price of prawns has gone down. Bonus for me!

Comment

All that has happened is that a little bit of reality has seeped into the stock market. It'll be chased out soon and the crack covered up so that wonderland can continue.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
            X