• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Majestic-12

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Majestic-12

Majestic 12 (also known as Majic 12, Majestic Trust, M12, MJ 12, MJ XII or Majority 12) is the code name of a secret committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials, supposedly formed in 1947 by an executive order of U.S. President Harry S Truman. The alleged purpose of the committee was to investigate UFO activity in the aftermath of the Roswell incident—the crash of the alien spaceship near Roswell, New Mexico, in July 1947. The Majestic 12 is an important part of the UFO conspiracy theory of an ongoing government cover up of UFO information. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has concluded that documents associated with the Majestic 12 committee are "completely bogus".[1]
    Hmm.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I assume that "hmmm" means you're impressed with AtW's choice of company name rather than the standard Dooohg Ltd or Dooohg IT Services Ltd etc.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      I assume that "hmmm" means you're impressed with AtW's choice of company name rather than the standard Dooohg Ltd or Dooohg IT Services Ltd etc.
      HAB Inc.’s real name has an even sillier story.

When I was involved with others, based abroad, we needed an e-mail/domain in a hurry. I had one that I used as a demo from when I was contracting in the City so we used that. Since the site was supposed to be a showcase it didn’t matter what it was so I chose a bit of a joke name.

In the America’s it is a name much like any other so it was fine. Somehow the name stuck. The group has broken up and I am now on my own, but I still am operating the same. There is very little on the site anyway.

In the UK the name is something else. Potential clients in the UK don’t take it seriously, but since I don’t want any UK clients I don’t care.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        My company name is only tangentially related to my name.

No, ch3f. The "hmm" was when I Googled "Majestic 12" it wasn't the top result... slightly ironic for a search engine . I got one result for AtW's company, and a whole page of conspiracy theory pages. At least my site is top-result in searches.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X