• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My grip on reality is slipping again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grip on reality is slipping again

I know that it is Thursday, but it just doesn’t ‘feel’ like it to me. I don’t know what day it should be. I have the feeling that I’m supposed to be doing something different to what I’m up to at the moment, but I have no idea what.

Yesterday morning, I had the feeling that I was supposed to have gone into the City to do something, but I had no idea why. I definitely had no appointments. I need to do some shopping and some other tasks, but none of them are City dependant.

Let this be a warning to any of you with dreams of working at home. It drives you fracking mental.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

It's Friday for me. Girly is coming down by train this afternoon and we're having a long weekend pottering around darn sarf.

Comment

Why on earth would a chap want a grip on reality?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You just need someone else living in the house, who has a routine. Works for me.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You just need someone else living in the house, who has a routine. Works for me.
          It's a good point.

Perhaps if you lock someone in the basement then you can set your day around their routine.

6am woken by screaming
          9am low screaming put some food in
          1pm scratching
          4pm moaning
          9pm screaming

Obviously if any of these stop it means that you've forgotton to put water in the cage again!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think someone locked in a basement would quickly get out of sync with a 24-hour cycle worse than you would.

Comment

I think someone locked in a basement would quickly get out of sync with a 24-hour cycle worse than you would.
              The gimp's sleeping...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                The gimp's sleeping...
                The pig is in the poke...

Comment

The poke is in the pig...
                  but she doesn't mind cos she still getting more in HAB's cellar than she did on the outside.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

OH FOR FRACKS SAKE.

I've been setting up some SQL queries for new reports. There is one that I've put off all week because I didn't know how to do it without a temp table. I spent half of yesterday afternoon (while watching the crash) and all of this morning on it.

Then all of a sudden I think, "hang on, this is obvious use a 'partition by' clause". Yep, works like a charm.

I am cracking up.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X