• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SKA news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SKA news

Its being a while since last SKA news and I apologise unreservedly for making you wait so long.

The news today are as follows: SKA reached index size of over 200 mln web pages with considerably improved relevance while keeping search speed reasonable (but not ideal - I am going to rewrite some bits in x86 assembly this week).

You can try SKA here.

Repeat after me: SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA SKA

I ran your latest(as of Saturday win32_v123) search client over the weekend and some very strange things happened to my PC.

The PCs Network Adapters IP Address (which is supplied by my ADSL router on start up) was changed to a fixed address of 168.x.x.x (where the x doesn't matter...) so I lost communication with the DNS.

Now, I'm not blaming SKA, but, I ain't had that problem before...

Comment

competition

AtW

You've got competition
      exalead
      Chico, what time is it?

Comment

AtW, I am a dragon with £100,000 to invest. What is your pitch ? What is your business plan ?

The floor (and mop) is yours ...

Comment

Searching for: cotswold stone mullion windows

Google: 662 hits
          Exalead: 106 hits
          SKA: 28 hits

Searching for: dwl-2000ap "repeater mode"

Google: 1740 hits
          Exalead: 49 hits
          SKA: 0 hits!

Repeat after me: CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Searching for: "donkey sex"

Google: 667,000 hits
            Exalead: 5,721 hits
            SKA: 72 hits

Comment

Who can find the first SKA-whack?

Difficult as the search results seem almost random.

e.g. searching for "hapless lesbian monkey"

Top result is:

http://www.peartree12.freeserve.co.uk/ (Peartree Miniatures) - which contains none of the keywords at all.

Anyone know where I can get some hapless lesiban money action?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

>Anyone know where I can get some hapless lesiban money action?

Have you been at Threaded's medicine cabinet again?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  >Anyone know where I can get some hapless lesiban money action?

Have you been at Threaded's medicine cabinet again?
                  Nah! He's got nothing stronger than cough medicine in there.

He just posts like he's on crack.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                    I ran your latest(as of Saturday win32_v123) search client over the weekend and some very strange things happened to my PC.
                    SKA can't change IP - the IP that you mention seems to be one assigned if computer can't communicate with DHCP - perhaps your router hang due to too high crawling rate - I would recommend decreasing number of workers and disabling persistent connections in Options->Crawler, if you have any problems just enquire in our forum.

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                    AtW You've got competition
                    exalead
                    Rebecca - check out details on Exalead -
                    * 40 employees
                    * 2 subsidiaries (Italy and USA)
                    * 2 billion Web pages indexed (3.4 bln claimed elsewhere)

Their annual paper stationary costs are likely to exceed my whole hardware budget.

Interesting that someone from Exalead run a search for their own homepage few days ago - before new index.

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
                    AtW, I am a dragon with £100,000 to invest. What is your pitch ?
                    Jabber, do us all a favour STFU if you can't say something useful.

Comment

Working...
                    X