• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some things in moderation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some things in moderation

The moderation on this board has often been something in contention. I make no bones about this, one mod in particular has pissed me off and made something of a personal vendetta against me. I have escalated to admin who has done nothing.

MF is a worthy opponent who I enjoy bantering with (or should I say, enjoyed) and the difference is that he cannot hand out infractions willy nilly. If and when a regular poster becomes a mod then there is a chance they will fail to do their job and make it personal.

I think that this has been the case. In spite of said mod publicy admitting this is personal, admin has, in my opinion, done nothing about it. I have received support from board members, and some ex board members via email who still read the board.

I would like to say I hold no ill feelings against this mod, but I cannot. This is not the first time I have been singled out, nor the first time this has been observed by other board members (past and present).

I realise NAT that you may consider my "signal to noise ratio" to be out of acceptable levels but I consider you to be a jumped up little p r i c k with no clue what you are doing. To that end, f u c k you and the horse you rode in on you utter knob.

HTH BIDI
    Last edited by suityou01; 12 August 2010, 22:53.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

I agree.

I think the best way to restore the balance is to ban suityou01 immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I agree.

I think the best way to restore the balance is to ban suityou01 immediately.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Why is an 'infraction' from a mod such a big deal? I havent got one so I do not know what is involved. Is it as humiliating as members of public peeing all over you?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Why is an 'infraction' from a mod such a big deal?
          It all depends on context, as usual.

In this particular case someone like cojak -

says what she wishes to do ... can't say not to her really

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            Why is an 'infraction' from a mod such a big deal? I havent got one so I do not know what is involved. Is it as humiliating as members of public peeing all over you?
            I got one for getting very annoyed. It wasn't a big deal because I deserved it. Having never been peed on by the public I couldn't compare, but if I had to guess then I would say that an infraction is less humiliating.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              The moderation on this board has often been something in contention. I make no bones about this, one mod in particular has pissed me off and made something of a personal vendetta against me. I have escalated to admin who has done nothing.

MF is a worthy opponent who I enjoy bantering with (or should I say, enjoyed) and the difference is that he cannot hand out infractions willy nilly. If and when a regular poster becomes a mod then there is a chance they will fail to do their job and make it personal.

I think that this has been the case. In spite of said mod publicy admitting this is personal, admin has, in my opinion, done nothing about it. I have received support from board members, and some ex board members via email who still read the board.

I would like to say I hold no ill feelings against this mod, but I cannot. This is not the first time I have been singled out, nor the first time this has been observed by other board members (past and present).

I realise NAT that you may consider my "signal to noise ratio" to be out of acceptable levels but I consider you to be a jumped up little p r i c k with no clue what you are doing. To that end, f u c k you and the horse you rode in on you utter knob.

HTH BIDI
              You take things far too seriously. If ever somebody needed a break from the internet, it's you. Chill, enjoy family life, spend time with your kids.

Alternatively, stop being such an arse.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
                .....and become immortalized on Zippy's Hall of MIA Fame.
                Like you, you mean?
                +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Shall we take bets on how this progresses?

16/1 - SY gets ignored and throws another hissy fit.
                  13/1 - The thread gets deleted
                  8/1 - The thread gets moved to Light Relief
                  11/4 - SY wets the bed
                  5/2 - Everyone else gets out the popcorn

Comment

Can I get a price on me wetting the bed?
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X