• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed (ouch)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed (ouch)

Interview in Cheshire yesterday, offered the role at interview. Quite chuffed.

Got a coffee for the journey back - lid came off while driving and a large amount of REALLY hot coffee exploded all over me. Got a burn on my leg. My own fault for attempting to drink it while driving, but, not chuffed.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Don't drink and drive.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Got a coffee for the journey back - lid came off while driving and a large amount of REALLY hot coffee exploded all over me. Got a burn on my leg. My own fault for attempting to drink it while driving, but, not chuffed.
      So no one else bothered applying!?
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Can you not sue someone? The person who sold it must have known the risks, did they not warn you?

Congrats BTW
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Well done! Now you can buy one of these..

Amazon.co.uk: non spill mug
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Do tell us the company. I want to avoid buying their products or service. Anyone who hires someone who does stupid things like that is bound to be an unreliable supplier.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Well done MP

(On the offer, not the crotch burn)

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                Well done MP

(On the offer, not the crotch burn. More than happy to check it out for you though!)
                FTFY
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Congrats.

Wish I could find a role in cheshire. I wouldn't have to do the Monday to Friday thing in London then. Nevertheless, best of luck.

Comment

I worked with a lass who used to smoke. She gave it up after she was driving once, attempted to chuch the fag end out of the window, without realising it was closed. She came to the conclusion that 80mph on the A1, with your tights on fire probably indicates that smoking really is bad for your health.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X