• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Performance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance

Afternoon,

Is it just me, or is the board taking ages to respond today ?
    Getting timeouts and whatnot.

Rhubarb

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    Afternoon,

Rhubarb
    It's running fine. Maybe your PC is downloading updates.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      It's running fine. Maybe your PC is downloading updates.
      Fine for me too.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Fine for me too
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've been finding the boards sluggish for quite some time. Pages not loading. I have to press "STOP" then "REFRESH" to get them to load. If it's me and not the board, any pointers?

Comment

Originally posted by rhubarb View Post

Afternoon,

Rhubarb
            Doesn't seem too bad to me.

But over last month or two I have noticed that the number of visitors seems to have plummeted. A year ago it was often several hundred on a weekday; but these days it rarely seems to go much over a hundred.

Perhaps a lot of people are away on hols. But if the number of robots has dropped, could it be the Word Association thread is lowering the indexing priority? I believe some search engines penalize sites with "too many" distinct words, and maybe loads of low content pages (again, that Word Association thread) is another minus point.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X