• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blazer and tie, and a bright little smile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blazer and tie, and a bright little smile

Am I to blame ???

My 19 year old lad has been working as a builders mate for the last 18 months. He's a cracking lad and I'm proud of him, untill...

At the beginning of July he told me he had been saving up, and he was flying out to Canada to meet a bird he had been chatting to on the interweb. He arrived two weeks ago and was in touch every day, then the girls mum rang our home number saying she had caught them in fla, infligg - shagging.
    And she's under age. apparently.

we havn't heard from him for three days

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Could have been a lot worse.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      Could have been a lot worse.
      yep, we warned him about the eastern European honey trap, and being chained to a wall being bummed by a string of Russian mafia gaylords.

thing is, i sort of encouraged him to go. I was glad that he was doing something, now I feel guilty.
      if she is underage, it looks bad.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        At the beginning of July he told me he had been saving up, and he was flying out to Canada to meet a bird he had been chatting to on the interweb.
        Ugh... dam. Nevermind. Quoted below so you can read the original. Been in similar situation so went straight to keyboard. I am a tit
        Last edited by northernladuk; 16 August 2010, 09:33.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Erm, I don't want to seem to knocking your parenting skills but did you not make any effort to find out who he was going to see and why etc etc? Even at 19 buggering off to see a girl in Canada he met over the net is hardly a low risk situation and will normally always end it tears for some reason or another?. Even the question 'Oh thats nice son, how old is she?' wouldn't have been out of order?
          we did all that

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 16 August 2010, 11:28. Reason: i am a bigger tit
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

I would be worried that you haven't heard from him. He could have been arrested, or something worse if the girls father has decided to get upset about it.

I would try and get in touch with him pronto if I was you, he may well need your help.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              I would be worried that you haven't heard from him. He could have been arrested, or something worse if the girls father has decided to get upset about it.

I would try and get in touch with him pronto if I was you, he may well need your help.
              yep, i am trying. the only lead i have is the original hotel, and the girls mum. His moblie expired the day he flew out and his new one went dead a few days ago.

I should have an answer in a few hours, when the kanucks wake up.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Calm down. He is having sex in Canada, not in Afghanistan.

Taliban kill couple in public stoning - Telegraph

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  if she is underage, it looks bad.
                  Sexual Assault Care Centre: Since You Asked: The Law

So basically, a twelve or thirteen year old can consent to sexual activity with someone no more than two years older than them. A fourteen or fifteen year old can consent to sexual activity with someone who is no more than five years older than them.

So if she *is* too young to legally consent to sex with a 19 year old, that would make her 13 or 14. If she's older than that he should be in the clear, as long as her dad doesn't have a shotgun.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Sexual Assault Care Centre: Since You Asked: The Law

So basically, a twelve or thirteen year old can consent to sexual activity with someone no more than two years older than them. A fourteen or fifteen year old can consent to sexual activity with someone who is no more than five years older than them.

So if she *is* too young to legally consent to sex with a 19 year old, that would make her 13 or 14. If she's older than that he should be in the clear, as long as her dad doesn't have a shotgun.

good find. I have looked hard, but I missed that.

What put my mind at rest, in July, was that he was paying for the flight, and the bird was paying for the hotel. I thought there was very little chance that a kid could have that kind of money.

The mother caught them, rang our home number, ranting, i emailed her asking what she expected me to do, then she sent me an email, also ranting. I replied, being reasonable, since then..nothing.

(the missus set up a throw-away email addy, I have been away in somerset for the week)

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                    X