• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Son mugged on Friday!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son mugged on Friday!

What a bitch of a weekend, off down to Southampton to see some friends on the motorbikes.

2:20 a.m. Saturday I get a call from my 19 year old son saying he got mugged on the way back from dropping his girlfriend off at the bus stop. He was very merry and obviously not fully aware, me thinks, and he thinks come to that. He usually pretty street wise, think the drink must have made him blaisee.

He'd already been to the police station to make a statement.

I rode back there and then, no physical damage but very emotional over the whole thing, feeling he should have done more.

I really hope that he doesn't dwell on it too much, but realise where he went wrong.

Not trying to be harsh but an invaluable life lesson me thinks.

What I wouldn't do for 5 mins with the bloke who did it.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    What a bitch of a weekend, off down to Southampton to see some friends on the motorbikes.

2:20 a.m. Saturday I get a call from my 19 year old son saying he got mugged on the way back from dropping his girlfriend off at the bus stop. He was very merry and obviously not fully aware, me thinks, and he thinks come to that. He usually pretty street wise, think the drink must have made him blaisee.

He'd already been to the police station to make a statement.

I rode back there and then, no physical damage but very emotional over the whole thing, feeling he should have done more.

I really hope that he doesn't dwell on it too much, but realise where he went wrong.

Not trying to be harsh but an invaluable life lesson me thinks.

What I wouldn't do for 5 mins with the bloke who did it.
    Well the wise thing to do if you get mugged is to hand over what you've got, but only if the mugger(s) are armed/numerically more than you.
    Otherwise I would and have had a pop.
    A scrote tried to mug me once in Camden so I punched the fooker hard in the side of his head and legged it.
    He fell to the ground and I don't know what damage I caused.
    I've often thought about that - not sure if I should care.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Its a lesson that tulip can come at you from any direction at any time.
      Unfortunately, this will stick in his head till the day he dies, that feeling of utter total helplessness, when five minutes before he thought he was a total hard man.

I dont know what you can do to help, maybe point out that no matter how big and tough you are, there will always be someone tougher, and there is no shame in running or losing. He will be a lot more alert from now on
      just make sure he doesnt start carrying weapons

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Well the wise thing to do if you get mugged is to hand over what you've got, but only if the mugger(s) are armed/numerically more than you.
        A scrote tried to mug me once in Camden so I punched the fooker hard in the side of his head and legged it.
        Funny. I had a friend who was in Camden once who went to ask sone bloke the time. The guy rabbit punched my friend and run off crying like a little girl. My
        mate was bemused?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Unfortunately, this will stick in his head till the day he dies, that feeling of utter total helplessness, when five minutes before he thought he was a total hard man.

Comment

I know its too late now, but I would also recommend not going to the fuzz. Their line will be 'why didnt you have a go ? you faggot'

and that will make him feel even worse

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              what are you laughing at ? you'd laugh at anything you would.

you'd laugh if your @rse caught fire

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I know its too late now, but I would also recommend not going to the fuzz. Their line will be 'why didnt you have a go ? you faggot'

and that will make him feel even worse

Not these days - more likely they'll find something to pin on his son.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Funny. I had a friend who was in Camden once who went to ask sone bloke the time. The guy rabbit punched my friend and run off crying like a little girl. My
                  mate was bemused?
                  I'm not surprised he was your friend. He fell to the deck like a Portuguese footballer. Tell him to toughen up FFS.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Of course you should care ....... becuse you didn't follow it up with an upper cut to the chin on his way to the floor and you didn't. That would bug me for years to come as well!!! You missed a perfect chance to release all that pent up aggression on these scroats!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X