• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italian Vineyard tours

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Vineyard tours

Anyone been? Thinking northern Italy rather than the obvious Tuscany.

Suggestions on a post(card) please.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Stop in Turin for a night at the Principe die Piemonte. Brilliant place, contractor prices. Ergo, no plebs. Huge collection of Barolos and Barbarescos, excellent restaurant. Apparently it's the favourite haunt of the Agnelli family, who are not exactly short of cash and had the place renovated to their own specifications.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Well that would be the Veneto then. Don't understand about the obvious 'Tuscany'. Ok don't go to Chiantishire but I was in southern Tuscany near Montepulciano and the place is just one big vineyard. Driving through the Val d' Orcia is just stunning and every littel village has a wine canteen where you can sample the local wines with pecorino cheese and wild boar salami.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

There are also some good wines from the other side of the north, around Piedmont, Lombardy & Liguria. I don't know about tours though. For those, Montalcino and Montepulciano would have to be favourites in my book.

Last time I was there I stayed in an "agriturismo" in a place called Monte Antico. A word of warning, stay away from the wild boar ragu, it's lovely but I put on 3/4 of a stone in two weeks.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Well that would be the Veneto then.
          Piemonte is far better than Veneto for winos.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've done Chiantishire a few years back, so any Agriturismos that can be recommended elsewhere that would be great.

I will not be avoiding any wild boar ragu

When I meant tours, more vineyards wot people have stayed at.

Mr Nor and I have used Alastair Sawdays when we went to Italy a few years back and it's always useful to get a first hand recommendation.
            Last edited by norrahe; 16 August 2010, 14:49.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Any similar recommendations in France in particular Champagne and Rhone regions?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Piemonte is far better than Veneto for winos, unless you're called Gibbon and like drinking Soave in Treviso
                FTFY
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                X