• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feeling guilty Tony?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling guilty Tony?

Tony Blair donates book cash to injured soldier charity

Does he hell as like feel guilty!

He doesn't need the money and it's great publicity for him.

Personally if I were in charge at the British Legion I'd tell him to go f**k himself, publicly!

Comment

Former Prime Minister Tony Blair is to donate the profits from his memoirs to a sports centre for injured soldiers.
      A spokesman said Mr Blair would hand over the reported £4m advance payment plus all royalties to honour "their courage and sacrifice".

The Royal British Legion will receive the money after the book, A Journey, is published next month.

Ignorance of the media again. Advance payments include publishing, distribution and publicity costs. Advancements rarely (if ever) come in a one lump payment. Blair’s book will probably end up on the cut price shelf at 99p.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

How dare he give millions away. So if he didn't give it away, that would make him a better person? Giving ALL the money from a book away even for someone rich is hardly a small gesture, it takes a lot of time to write a book (even if you have a ghost-writer) and I bet his time is in short supply.

Doing good from bad is still good.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I doubt that many members of the British Legion hold Tony Blair in any higher esteem after his donation.

Comment

Is there a particular reason the money went to them and not some other charity or collection of charities? I don't know what the Legion are, to be honest. Anyone got a 2-sentence summary?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Blair’s book will probably end up on the cut price shelf at 99p.
              Some of his mates in the Far East could buy a few millions printed books at very high price just to make up to him, allegedly...

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Is there a particular reason the money went to them and not some other charity or collection of charities? I don't know what the Legion are, to be honest. Anyone got a 2-sentence summary?
                About The Royal British Legion - The Royal British Legion

About the Legion
                The Royal British Legion safeguards the welfare, interests and memory of those who are serving or who have served in the Armed Forces. We are one of the UK’s largest membership organisations and recognised as custodians of Remembrance. We also run the annual Poppy Appeal.

Comment

Royal British Legion is an association for old soldiers. And sailors etc I assume. They have social clubs scattered around the country.

After tax it would only have been 2 million to Blair, maximum, and he's earned ten times that since he stood down as PM.

The Iraq thing actually damages his image, and hence future earnings, so you can safely say this is a Blair Brand marketing ploy. As soon as his spokesman said "Tony always intended to do this since before he put pen to paper", I knew he was only convinced to do it recently. Once a liar, always a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    After tax it would only have been 2 million to Blair, maximum, and he's earned ten times that since he stood down as PM.
                    Tax, what tax? He must be out of country most of the time for a good reason

Comment

Working...
                    X