• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stuff downloaded but never used

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuff downloaded but never used

The other week I was talking down the pub about some girl's T-shirt.

Well actually the picture on the front. Which was a suitably adjusted version of this.

After a bit of thinking we agreed that it is from North by Northwest.

I have not seen it in ages so I stated to download the DVD. It has just finished after downloading for over a week.

Now I am so fed up with it, I cannot be arsed to watch it. I'll burn it in a moment and it is going to disappear into the stack of DVD's that I haven't watched. It won't be lonely, I have loads of 'em to keep it company.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

I downloaded Terry Gilliams Brazil then realised it was in Spanish.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'm like that with my PVR. It's stuffed to the gills with stuff I may never get around to watch. Things like Springwatch from a couple of years ago.

On an almost totally unrelated note. Your classic movie image reminds me of one displayed in a shop that I pass regularly and which I often stop to look at for some reason:

Yul looks like a midget next to Connery.

Comment

I searched for River Phoenix last movie for a long time, but couldn’t find it on DVD. Downloaded it a couple of months ago, still haven’t watched it.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          Now I am so fed up with it, I cannot be arsed to watch it. I'll burn it in a moment and it is going to disappear into the stack of DVD's that I haven't watched. It won't be lonely, I have loads of 'em to keep it company.
          It's worth watching just for the soundtrack
          Me, me, me...

Comment

I've downloaded OpenSolaris several times but never had a look at it.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I downloaded The Anarchists Cookbook (wikipedia entry) around 1994 while in school, read a small amount of it out of curiosity but the main reason for getting it was because the Internet was fairly new ( think Netscape Navigator etc. ) and I couldn't believe stuff like this was available for all so easily.. obviously if I had of known..

"In 2007, a seventeen year old British boy was arrested and faced charges under Terrorism Law in the UK for possession of this book, among other things.[5] He was cleared of all charges in October 2008, after alleging that he was a prankster that just wanted to research fireworks and smoke bombs."

No, that wasn't me, I no longer own a copy in any form of said document..
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                I downloaded The Anarchists Cookbook (wikipedia entry) around 1994 while in school, read a small amount of it out of curiosity but the main reason for getting it was because the Internet was fairly new ( think Netscape Navigator etc. ) and I couldn't believe stuff like this was available for all so easily.. obviously if I had of known..

"In 2007, a seventeen year old British boy was arrested and faced charges under Terrorism Law in the UK for possession of this book, among other things.[5] He was cleared of all charges in October 2008, after alleging that he was a prankster that just wanted to research fireworks and smoke bombs."

No, that wasn't me, I no longer own a copy in any form of said document..
                PM me, I'll send you the pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  I've downloaded OpenSolaris several times but never had a look at it.
                  VirtualBox is your friend...

Comment

I am a bit of a hoarder.

I have dozens of linux distros (ubuntu, fedora, & slackware) + freeBSD & solaris x86, linux + windows versions of oracle going back to version 8 or 9, express versions of SQL server & visual studio (although I have paid for VS2008 professional), plus sun JDKs, eclipse and all the java libraries I actually use, not to mention other open source and free to download tools & SDKs for all sorts of things from DSP to FPGA simulation. I probably have close to 1TB in total, more if you count the VMs it gets installed on.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X