• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cool pylons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool pylons

I likey very much!

Chain of human pylons planned for Iceland - Telegraph
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

I can see that puzzling archaeologists in a few thousand years (sea level permitting)
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Why not, they have money to burn.

Comment

Each humanoid electricity pylon could be twisted into a different posture, allowing the structures to project moods fitting with their surroundings

Like... LAVA RUN!!!
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Why stick to humans? Trees would make good pylons. I'd love to see a giraffe pylon, but guess it may not have the requisite branchiness.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Why stick to humans? Trees would make good pylons. I'd love to see a giraffe pylon, but guess it may not have the requisite branchiness.
            a giraffe with a jester's hat would work.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Each humanoid electricity pylon could be twisted into a different posture, allowing the structures to project moods fitting with their surroundings.
              So examples would be...

Guy with his empty pockets turned out looking glum
              Figure sat down with a begging bowl
              Figure holding bag of money facing Europe with two fingers up
              yadda yadda

or have we got over the whole financial debarcle and I need to be more warm and huggy to our bankrupt neighbours?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                a giraffe with a jester's hat would work.
                Or a giraffe rearing up on its hind legs, with its front legs splayed out. Like it's having some kind of fit or doing a dance.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  What about a giant two fingered salute pointing to the UK, the next one along could be a big £ or $ symbol.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    or have we got over the whole financial debarcle and I need to be more warm and huggy to our bankrupt neighbours?
                    I don't think it's entirely fair to blame the entire population of Iceland for the actions of a few bankers.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X