• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Adaptive Keyboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Adaptive Keyboard

Can't see this going mainstream myself.

Similar thing from a while ago:

Optimus Maximus keyboard

I'm still saving.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Do I read it right that you can program the key that once you have pressed it the function of the key changes so you can have a key that press once is delete, the second is yes so can just hammer away the same key etc?

Gamers would go crazy for this so huge market in that area alone. World of warcraft would be reduced to mashing one button for 25 hours or day or however long they play it for etc.

Konami Track and field would be a doddle! Just hammer away on one key instead of putting a golfball on the keyboard and rolling it backwards and forwards as fast as possible!! My Spectrum keyboard might have survived if it had that kind of functionality!!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        Can't see this going mainstream myself.
        Yes, it's perfect for RSI, ffs it's not even Natural Keyboard layout!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yes, it's perfect for RSI, ffs it's not even Natural Keyboard layout!
          Maybe they are going to do that once it's out of concept mode. Since most people don't use ergonomic keyboards anyway, who cares?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Since most people don't use ergonomic keyboards anyway, who cares?
            Most people don't get such expensive (and it will be) keyboards also.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Do I read it right that you can program the key that once you have pressed it the function of the key changes so you can have a key that press once is delete, the second is yes so can just hammer away the same key etc?

Gamers would go crazy for this so huge market in that area alone. World of warcraft would be reduced to mashing one button for 25 hours or day or however long they play it for etc.

Konami Track and field would be a doddle! Just hammer away on one key instead of putting a golfball on the keyboard and rolling it backwards and forwards as fast as possible!! My Spectrum keyboard might have survived if it had that kind of functionality!!

You just need one of those drinking birds that Homer had. What could possibly go wrong.

Comment

Hey, I've got a load of buttons on my keyboard (mail, a house symbol, calculator, speaker symbol, VCR symbol, etc, about 10 of them in all). I've not used any of them. In fact today is about the second time I've even looked at them

Comment

I've spotted a serious flaw in that keyboard. Clue in the picture:

Yep, it's got a barsteward caps lock key. The bane of any keyboard user and the cause of countless hours of lost work and non-productivity. A keyboard landmine. What a pile of junk.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Similar thing from a while ago:

Optimus Maximus keyboard

I'm still saving.
                    Darn. Now I've got drool all over my keyboard... otoh, that means I can order a new one!

Re: CapsLock - easy solution. Just change its definition so that everytime you press it, it sends an SMS to your missus to get you a beer from the fridge, or provide some other service.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X