• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Treasure Hunt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treasure Hunt

Last Christmas I did a treasure hunt for the wifes Grandkids. A little map, browned on the stove to look ancient, and little bundles of pressies hidden around the house.
    Then I did an outdoor one at Easter, because I knew of this garden that had an easter island head looking out over the river.

So now I have been roped in to do a dinosaur one, around the house. And this is where you come in. I need tome dino-inspiration.

I have a couple of ideas

1. A box with a big warning on top 'inside this box you will see the most dangerous creature in the world. More deadly than a tyranasuarus'
    at the bottom of the box is a mirror.

2. A shoe box diorama, with some trees and plastic dinosaurs and a red filter at the back.

any more ??

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Last Christmas I did a treasure hunt for the wifes Grandkids. A little map, browned on the stove to look ancient, and little bundles of pressies hidden around the house.
    Then I did an outdoor one at Easter, because I knew of this garden that had an easter island head looking out over the river.

So now I have been roped in to do a dinosaur one, around the house. And this is where you come in. I need tome dino-inspiration.

I have a couple of ideas

1. A box with a big warning on top 'inside this box you will see the most dangerous creature in the world. More deadly than a tyranasuarus'
    at the bottom of the box is a mirror.

2. A shoe box diorama, with some trees and plastic dinosaurs and a red filter at the back.

any more ??

An old, dried turd in a shoe box labelled "this is what happens if you get extinct".
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

How about an ostrich egg? You can find them on ebay.

You should try geocaching - sounds like it would be right up their street. Check out the map for caches near you.

Comment

Chocolate dinosaur eggs, footprints, fossils etc.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

A paper pterodactyl hanging from something (maybe sleeping upside-down in a wardrobe)

Comment

Why not fill the bath (or at least a level of water) discolour it in a way SWMBO isn't going to go up the wall and put something in. The old Primordal soup where life started? Or Prehistoric swamp?

Fill something, maybe bottom of wardrobe, a drawer with those small polysterene beads they use as been bags for an Ice Age scene and hide something in it as they dig for food to stop becoming extinct?

Maybe block a doorway off with cardboard or create something they have to put their arm in but can't see in to get some dinosaur eggs but someone can be at the other side to nip their hands for extra scream value?

Same as above but a box of plastic creepy crawlies and leaves they have to be brave enough to put their hand in and find the prize?

They are probably crap but it's all I can come up with sorry.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 17 August 2010, 14:29.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

A dinosaur piñata

You could fill it with all sorts of dino-goodies.

Comment

We bought one of these from the local Coop, but making it yourself looks like fun:

Dinosaur Excavation Eggs and Rocks - Crafts for Kids

Comment

You could try injecting dinosaur DNA into the nucleus of say, a chicken egg.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

EO, you're quite old aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                    X