• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funny american - and the telephone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny american - and the telephone

He just started in our office. He's trying to set up the utilities in his new flat.

His first new cultural experience "The German telephone operator" and "Press 1 for..." and so on.

He screams "$£% @£$ how do you guys put up with this, I'm ready to throw the god @£$£ thing out the window"

Total dismay - I was like "don't fight it, let it take you"

Then he went ape. after 20 minutes or so "No is available at this time, goodbye" super flying TNT he was if only I had a video camera it would be on youtube

Seriously funny watching someone else's first exposure to the telephone queuing system thingy, would have thought they'd have them in the US.

Does anyone remember the day when the person on the other end of the phone was not available you'd get a engaged tone? Those were the days, now they just collect your money for 10 minutes to tell you no one is available at this time.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by Lightship
    They've had that stuff in the US for years now.

Sounds like you have one of the more 'dramatic' individuals.......
    There was a Merkin like that at my last clientco; we called him 'Mr Waldorf Salad'.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
    X