• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My compliments to the Irish...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My compliments to the Irish...

...on the quality if their oysters.

I had some this evening; not the Galway ones, they're out of season, but some other type.

Washed down with some Muscadet; wonderful. Just delicious.

Bloody hell, this contracting life´s hard sometimes. hic

hic

burp
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

All Oysters are out of season atm, generally not a good idea to eat them at this time of year as the shells are thinner and they haven't had time to mature and flavourwise , well not so good.

Oysters will not be in season till next month, hence the Galway oyster festival in September

Whatever you get now will be farmed and sub quality.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      All Oysters are out of season atm, generally not a good idea to eat them at this time of year as the shells are thinner and they haven't had time to mature and flavourwise , well not so good.

Oysters will not be in season till next month, hence the Galway oyster festival in September

Whatever you get now will be farmed and sub quality.
      well if what I had this evening is 'sub quality', I am going to go and live in Ireland. F**king delicious.

By the way, come to Holland in October and the 'Zeeuwse Platte' oysters are in season; bloody good too.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
      X