• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant

******* contractors!!!

I've just spent most of this week trying to make what should be a small and simple change to an ETL process. A task which has been made almost completely impossible by the horrendous mess left behind by whoever initially built it.
    A massively complicated data model, spaghetti SQL code and no ******* documentation or comments.
    6 tables where 2 (at most) would do
    over 4000 lines of code in a single procedure which if it had a half decent data model could be done in 500

I've just crossed the point where it would have been quicker for me to redo all his tulip in a proper manner

Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    ******* contractors!!!

I've just spent most of this week trying to make what should be a small and simple change to an ETL process. A task which has been made almost completely impossible by the horrendous mess left behind by whoever initially built it.
    A massively complicated data model, spaghetti SQL code and no ******* documentation or comments.
    over 4000 lines of code in a single procedure which if it had a half decent data model could be done in 500

I've just crossed the point where it would have been quicker for me to redo all his tulip in a proper manner

If you will work with amateurs what do you expect?

BTW. Can someone explain the difference between a Dimension and a Fact table to me!

Ta
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yep, I know, **** ******* ****head ****s!

**** the ******* **** ****ers.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

******* contractors!!!

infosys

Comment

******* contractors!!!

You only have to spend some time on here to realise that many contractors are not the tulip hot techies they fondly imagine themselves to be, but are simply overly self-regarding unconsciously incompetent morons.

Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            infosys
            I wish, unfortunately this was a lone gun UK born and educated (apparently) contractor
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Sorry, I was either too drunk, too hungover or too busy planning my next holiday to worry or care..

.. plus I didn't have a clue what it was all about.

However, I did leave a Pot Noodle and some tissues (slightly used) in the desk drawer for whenever I did overtime.. you're welcome to use them.

Chef
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You only have to spend some time on here to realise that many contractors are not the tulip hot techies they fondly imagine themselves to be, but are simply overly self-regarding unconsciously incompetent morons.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

WOW. You are in reflective mood today!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I wish, unfortunately this was a lone gun UK born and educated (apparently) contractor
                    ahh so you're saying it was TLG that did it.. ignore my previous post then, you obviously haven't worked at my old site yet.

That crusty tissued beauty is yet to come, you should look forward to it.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X