• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talking of Bradford

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking of Bradford

What's the betting that the riots will kick off again at the end of the month?

They may ban the EDL rally (probably rightly) in Bradford at the end of the month but then they banned the NF march last time. Out of the usual one sided political correctness, they then allowed a counter rally by "anti-facist" groups to go ahead whereupon these "peaceful people" went looking for trouble to a pub where some some righties were said to be and the riots started.

Will the powers that be make that mistake again? It is a pity that our authorities will never grasp that there are violent irrational people and legitimate greivances on both sides and that an even handed, dispassionate approach is the most effective way to dispel resentments.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

So, you're not a curry fan then?

Comment

If the EDL shows up on Great Horton road I'm sure they'll stop in at Mumtaz and Sher Khan for a bite to eat. Superb!
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
      X