• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the day

Graduate Software Engineer / Software Student - Newcastle Upon Tyne (NE1) - Job: 48283112 - Totaljobs.com

Looks like one of those ones only advertised so they get bob in.

What's that website to report these too?
    Not sure I'll get back on here today, so feel free to report yourself.

What exactly makes you think that? They specifically ask for students or new graduates so unless Bob was doing a degree in the UK... in which case he's not really a Bob in the same way.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      Graduate Software Engineer / Software Student - Newcastle Upon Tyne (NE1) - Job: 48283112 - Totaljobs.com

The Bobs that I speak to cannot communicate in English so they should be excluded
      Secondly, Even if Bob has the right to work in the UK it doesnt give him the right to work overseas

Advert
      • Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
      • Good overall communication skills
      • Excellent spoken English

YOU MUST BE ELIGABLE TO WORK IN THE UK TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
      Last edited by Brussels Slumdog; 20 August 2010, 08:48.

Comment

£80 a day contract thats why, regardless of whether they say they want a grad or not

and why would u hire a grad for a 3 month contract to build a system

and its not about a bob with a pass it's about farming it out to bob companies when they say they cannot find anyone local

Comment

Pro-rata, £17k in the North-East will get applicants. For students it is a good rate, for new graduates not unusual, and those with a year or two's experience who are unemployed will apply.

As for the logic getting a student to build a system, seems a bad plan but hardly unheard of for a company to try and get cheap inexperienced people.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Probably would've gone for that straight out of uni. 3 months paid work experience, 1 (hopefully) successful paid professional project on the CV rather than none. The money would probably buy you a street or 2 in that part of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

how dare you suggest that BOB doesnt have more right to a job in the UK than anyone born and brought up here, go wash your mouth out

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                how dare you suggest that BOB doesnt have more right to a job in the UK than anyone born and brought up here, go wash your mouth out
                Change the record you racist twunt. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                X