• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EO's Big Adventure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EO's Big Adventure

It's that time of the year again. Adventure time, time to pack the holdall, check the passport and tickets, empty the cider bottle of coins and get the currency.

Two weeks today we fly to San Diego. Hire a car and ..vrroooom

Golden Gate bridge
    Salt Lake City
    Yellowstone (meeting some geezer)
    head north for the border
    through British Columbia
    Into Alaska
    Anchorage
    stop for a wee
    Back through Canada
    Seattle
    Fly home to Manchester

its going to be a toughie, possibly 8k miles

I'll bring back some news, i intend to prove, once and for all, that bears do sh1t in the woods

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Nice one EO.

Enjoy.

Comment

Tell Bill that I said "Hello".

Comment

Alaska - Survival Tips

See you're off to Alaska,

Don't go to Fairbanks unless you want a real look at what the wild west was like.

If you do:

Don't play Eskimo women at pool, if you win you're expected to sleep with them, if you lose their husband sleeps with you!

If some random cowboy adventurer type says he's got something to show you in his pickup truck politely decline and run. Else you may be staring down the wrong end of a couple of loaded and cocked rifles with him advising you that a round from this in your face and 'you ain't goner get up from that' .

Take plenty of big freezer bags, they don't have butchers as such, they wait for some moose roadkill and butcher them on the roadside.

Also if you see any yank serviceman remind them that back in 1994 we whooped their arses in a flying exercise.

HTH
        But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Something like this?

Looks like quite an adventure.

Comment

Thats it, TW
            almost exactly

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Thats it, TW
              almost exactly

It might seem like a bit of penny pinching alternative coming up, but you could do the whole trip on streetview / google earth.

Here, I've got you started. Just 6000 miles to go:

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I'll bring back some news, i intend to prove, once and for all, that bears do sh1t in the woods
                Well, mind how you go.

I was on holiday up in the Yukon a couple of years ago. One morning, I was just ambling along minding my own business when suddenly I turned to my left and was face to face with a Grizzly bear no more than one metre away. They are huge!

Luckily that one had been killed and stuffed some time before it was put in that museum but it right put the willies up me I can tell you!

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  Well, mind how you go.

I was on holiday up in the Yukon a couple of years ago. One morning, I was just ambling along minding my own business when suddenly I turned to my left and was face to face with a Grizzly bear no more than one metre away. They are huge!

Luckily that one had been killed and stuffed some time before it was put in that museum but it right put the willies up me I can tell you!
                  I got chased across the desert in Oz once by a ten foot camel with a three foot boner

luckily I could get more traction in the sand than he could get in my Sh1t

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

Have fun!

I think you'll find that its the pope who sh!ts in the woods and not bears
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X