• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damn collaborators - they deserve it.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn collaborators - they deserve it.

Telegraph: More suppliers going bust

The number of businesses going bust that supply goods and services to the public sector has increased by 47pc, as government spending cuts lead to delayed and cancelled contracts.
    Bloody good job too. Bastards are no better than the public sector vampires that have been sucking the wealth out the people and businesses of the UK.

I'm only posting this so I can beat Alexi to it.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Read a few bits about advertising and PR companies getting hit by this. Think one PR firm who had grown accustomed to getting £250k per quarter from the NHS was down to £25k per quarter. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch in this instance but overall a lot of people are going to get hit by the Public Sector cuts. Is the spending review next month or October? A lot of people saying the Tory cuts are not really hurting anyone at the minute, I think the extent of the cuts will become apparent from Oct onwards and more people likely to be affected than they expect.

Comment

It's the giant rats you want to be worried about. As public services get cut they'll grow so big that one will probably challenge for leadership if the Labour party and then where will we be!!!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Cut have not started biting yet, also artificially low interest rates supported residential real estate bubble (commercial property easily halved in value), inflation is eating into savings and people start thinking - why keep saved money in account, let's spend it?

Comment

Toot toot - BOING! Oh dear.

I sympathise with most of them though. Not the advertising agencies and marketing consultants obviously, but things like hospital pillow manufacturers, school chalk shops and Bobby's helmet emporiums.

Should that be emporia?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Bobby's helmet emporiums.

Should that be emporia?
            Who's Bobby? And why does he own helmet emporia?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Who's Bobby? And why does he own helmet emporia?
              Aha! Yes, that should be Bobbys'

I think...

Comment

Working...
              X