• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Freeview HD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeview HD

Anyone upgraded their audio visual devices to pick up free HD over the air? Freeview has BB1 to Channel 4 (channels 50 and upwards) transmitting over the air now, in most places, and Tesco's are selling decoders for around £70 I think. And presumably all HD sets with Freeview built-in have the latest chipset?

Finally, with the purchase of a new TV, decoder and/or PVR, you too will be able to see HD on your HD TV sets. It'll make up for the motion blur and poor quality pictures you've been putting up with since you ditched the cathode ray tube

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Anyone upgraded their audio visual devices to pick up free HD over the air? Freeview has BB1 to Channel 4 (channels 50 and upwards) transmitting over the air now, in most places, and Tesco's are selling decoders for around £70 I think. And presumably all HD sets with Freeview built-in have the latest chipset?

Finally, with the purchase of a new TV, decoder and/or PVR, you too will be able to see HD on your HD TV sets. It'll make up for the motion blur and poor quality pictures you've been putting up with since you ditched the cathode ray tube
    Unfortunately some people such as myself can see the flickering on CRTs.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Unfortunately some people such as myself can see the flickering on CRTs.
      Me too.

That's why I have problems with my eyes going dry with LCD monitors - I forget to blink.

Comment

Working...
      X