• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Banks still ripping us off.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banks still ripping us off.....

Just deposited a cheque (from another bank) for a significant amount of money into my account. Imagine my delight when the cashier said - it will show on your account in 5 working days!!

FFS what do they do that takes soooooo long???!!!!

Imagine my reaction when the cashier, understanding my horror, added: But it's OK you earn interest after 3 working days...!!

Oh thats ok then!

They just don't flaming get it, do they? The banks even seem to brainswash their staff to make them see it as acceptable!!

They take your money and keep it in their account for 2-3 days and earn interest on it.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
      FFS what do they do that takes soooooo long???!!!! ...
      Use it to generate money to pay for the "free" clearance of cheques, and other services which you may also get free from your bank. (Or not, as seems to be the case more often nowadays ).

This has always been the case, or hadn't you noticed?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

lots of interest.

It's like your way of saying thank you.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Blair denies move to form bank for the rich

FT.com / UK / Politics & policy - Blair denies move to form bank for the rich

So does that make it true? Nope, it could be a double-lie.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

It could be Gordon, given his financial experience and investment acumen
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

If that f**ker told me it was raining I'd still go outside and check.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Is that what David Kelly did?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Switch to HSBC

Funds from cheques presented clear straight away... although if the cheque gets bounced they'll take the money back
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Is that what David Kelly did?
                    I don't know, that wasn't one of my jobs.

Comment

Working...
                    X