• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inventions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventions

Post your inventions here.

Electric cookers that make a buzzing sound when an element is on. A light would work at a pinch. I keep forgetting to turn mine off. Most other electrical devices make a racket when turned on, unlike cookers.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 23 August 2010, 14:05.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Electric cookers that make a buzzing sound when a element is on. A light would work at a pinch. I keep forgetting to turn mine off. Most other electrical devices make a racket when turned on, unlike cookers.
    you mean like an "everything is OK alarm?"

Surely would make better sense to have some sort of steam/humidity sensor in the oven. Cooking food usually produces steam.
    No Steam = No cooking = either your heating up the over or forgotten to switch it off.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Electric cookers that make a buzzing sound when a element is on. A light would work at a pinch. I keep forgetting to turn mine off. Most other electrical devices make a racket when turned on, unlike cookers.
      Get a kitten/small child. You'll soon know if you've left the cooker on.

Failing that stop making chips while you're pissed, it's only a matter of time...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Get a kitten/small child. You'll soon know if you've left the cooker on.

Failing that stop making chips while you're pissed, it's only a matter of time...
        I recommend getting a temperature gauge if making chips with an electric cooker.

Comment

I recommend getting a temperature gauge if making chips with an electric cooker.
          Won't have a chip-pan in the house.

Comment

Won't have a chip-pan in the house.
            There's no point. You live next door to a chippy.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

An egg scanning device for quick and precision testing of the softness of boiled eggs of different sizes at any time during preparation in an egg boiler machine and thereby adjusting the time for each egg. This would prevent hissy fits in the Tester household at breakfast as Lady Tester’s quails eggs come out hard and blue while MTT’s goose eggs are cold and runny, while both of us prefer our eggs with a cooked white and a runny yolk.

Perhaps this could be connected to a toaster to ensure that our toast is ready with precisely 20 seconds left for buttering before cracking open the eggs.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

The Pigeon tulip Reciprocator

A device which records the dropping of tulip bombs by pigeons, releasing a small aeroplane which chases the pigeon and returns fire by squirting human diarrhoea through a syringe at the guilty pigeon, first ascertaining that it is flying over uninhabited land or a chav estate.

Special offer! The Maritime Birdtulip Reciprocator, specially adapted for seagulls.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  There's no point. You live next door to a chippy.
                  Nope but we're within 5 minutes walk of Gaucho, Bem Brasil, La Tasca, ZiZi, San Carlo etc.

Doesn't do much for the old diet...

As far as inventions are concerned, how about one that does the ironing, washing, cooking, cleaning, you can have sex with it and when you're drunk it picks you up from the pub?

Comment

As far as inventions are concerned, how about one that does the ironing, washing, cooking, cleaning, you can have sex with it and when you're drunk it picks you up from the pub?
                    You want to have sex with your mum?

Comment

Working...
                    X