• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Polish Up Those CVs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polish Up Those CVs

Government seeks chief information officer
    30 Jan 2006 17:00 GMT
    Dan Ilett, silicon.com

A six-figure salary is up for grabs as the government looks to recruit a new chief information officer.

Recruiters are busy looking for candidates to fill the position, which became available when previous CIO, Ian Watmore, was promoted to lead the Prime Minister's Delivery Unit.

A spokeswoman for the Cabinet Office told ZDNet UK sister site silicon.com that "The shortlist interviews will be in late February and early March. The personal qualities include strategic vision, interpersonal and negotiating skills."

"In terms of experience, the person will have been a CIO or IT director of an enterprise or public sector organisation."

The government CIO role was created more than a year ago to improve public sector projects and change the face of public services through the use of IT.

Andrew Stott, the deputy CIO for the e-Government Unit, is currently the interim CIO.

The Cabinet Office denied rumours that David Myers, director of the government's Shared Services Programme, was ready to take over as head of the CIO Council.

Recruiters at Odgers Ray and Berndtson have already advertised the position. According to the advert, the new recruit will report to Watmore and deliver the Transformational Government Strategy he set out with the CIO Council last year.

The advert stated: "This is an opportunity to participate in and support the most impactful and large-scale change initiatives anywhere in IT today."
    Should be ideal for any big hitters that frequent this board.

I think I'd make rather a good fist of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      Should be ideal for any big hitters that frequent this board.
      Surely you meant "Should be ideal for any big bull$hitters..."

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
        I think I'd make rather a good fist of it.
        I don't think you're allowed to assault the civil servants reporting to you.

Mind you, would be a great perk...

Comment

>The advert stated: "This is an opportunity to participate in and support the most impactful and large-scale change initiatives anywhere in IT today."

Of course, if the advert had stated "this is an opportunity to get blamed for the biggest IT ****ups anywhere in IT today" I doubt they'd have got so many applicants.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

does the 6-figures salary include the backhanders from EDS? Or is it as well as?
            Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
              I don't think you're allowed to assault the civil servants reporting to you.

Mind you, would be a great perk...

Only if you are a member of the Armenian Government......

Government minister beats workers with pistol
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                Only if you are a member of the Armenian Government......

Government minister beats workers with pistol
                That's what happens you when don't have a clear customer complaints policy so let that be a lesson to you all.

Anyway, is "impactful" a real world?

Comment

6 figures for Chico? He doesn't even get out of the bed for less than 7-8 figures salary and a Church in the proximity.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                  X