• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got an Aeron Chair?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got an Aeron Chair?

Or worked at a client who used them? I mean they are supposed to be amazing, AND I work from home and sit on my chain 10 hours a day, AND it's beautiful:

BUT, even a contractor has to consider £500-900 on a CHAIR to be pretty high-end, no?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

They are excellent. Have one in office and one at home. Had a quick scan on ebay - new one on there for half price and good second hand for £385. I paid £365 in Jan for one from the same seller - 5% inflation in less than a year! Bloody Tories

Comment

I sat in one courtesy of a client for about 18 months. Really didn't like it for the first few months - felt like a deckchair. Got used to it after that, but still wouldn't claim to be a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
        Regardless of the price, you should definitely try before you buy.

I hate the things.
        V true, I do know some people who are not keen.

Comment

Have a Posturite RH logic chair - never had a bad back (and lost invoicing time) since. Cost about £650.

Considering I often was unable to work due to a bad back before getting this, it was a good investment and for anyone with a bad back I would seriously recommend getting any type of chair like those mentioned in this thread as it really pays for itself.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

So do you take this chair to clientCo with you?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I always slump in chairs. Even at the age of eleven I used to slump at my desk so much that my Latin teacher often stumbled over my feet as he wandered back and forth before the front row of desks explaining some recondite aspect of the subjunctive.

About eleven years ago I was at a ClientCo when some Health & Safety bod they'd dragged in came round everybody's desks to teach them how to use a computer safely. Needless to say, those of us who'd been using computers unsafely for twenty-odd years weren't overly enthused.

He tapped on my shoulder as I was slumped in my usual manner contemplating some gubbins or other (probably something to do with XML - it was quite new then), introduced himself, explained his purpose, and asked how I usually sat. Looking back up at him with the top of my head somewhere near the top of the back of a cheapo swivel chair intended for typists, I said "Like this."

He was absolutely horrified. Very earnestly, he encouraged me by word and gesture to sit up properly in the seat, then asked me to place my hands on the keyboard so he could see my "natural posture" (like I can tyep!), then adjusted my seat, and showed me the precise angle at which I ought to hold my arms and bend my legs and a load of other stupidity I've now forgotten.

He carried on going around the office doing this to other people who were perfectly happy before he arrived, and finally moved into the next "room" (it was one of those big old Georgian houses that have been desecrated in the name of creating office space in Cheltenham, but still need their supporting walls).

As soon as he was gone, we all re-adjusted our chairs back to the way we'd had them before he turned up, and I at least slumped back down so my shoulder blades were once again resting on the middle of the back of the chair.

However, having spread his message in the office within, he had to come back through our room to leave again. I swear, when he came through that door and saw us all slumped in our old familiar postures, I could see some of the purpose he felt in his his life vanish from his eyes

**** 'em. I'll sit how I please. I don't get back problems that often anyway, and still make it to CUK does when I have them

But, to get back on topic: I'd love one of those Aeron chairs. Everyone I know who's ever used one reckons they're lush
              Last edited by NickFitz; 24 August 2010, 06:09.

Comment

I've got an Aeron at home. I got a new one off eBay for £350 cash a year or so ago. There were plenty of them on there at the time. I like it a lot.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I've got 2 Aeron Fast Mirras like this

Picked them up off Ebay for £400 the pair, and very comfortable they are too.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

The whole of the MoD has them, they don't seem to have made much of an impact on the astonishing number of sick days taken though.
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X