• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GSCE Results today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSCE Results today

No pics?
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    No pics?
    GSCE????
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      GSCE????
      Well done, A* for you
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

BBC News - Rise in top grades boosts GCSE record

Record results! Passes rise for the 23rd year in a row!

Whow, they were only introduced in 1988, so that means GCSE is a rip roaring success, creating brainier and brainier kids every year!

I'm wondering whether evolution might already have given youngsters a huge cranium to fit in all that braininess and brilliance?

My goodness, before long we shall all have to step aside and leave the way free for the intellectual brilliance of Britain's youth!

Am I allowed to place a critical note under this endless cycle of success?

I think it's a load of bollocks.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I saw Ed Balls on the TV, probably bigging up what a good job he did as education secretary. I'm guessing though, the sound was turned down.

Comment

It really is incredible. After millions of years of evolution, in the space of just 3-4 decades the intelligence levels of our youngsters has gone exponential. As MTT says, soon they will have to be fitted with second heads to carry their surplus grey matter.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              It really is incredible. After millions of years of evolution, in the space of just 3-4 decades the intelligence levels of our youngsters has gone exponential. As MTT says, soon they will have to be fitted with second heads to carry their surplus grey matter.

I find it so amazing I have dedicated a second thread to the words of Mr E Bollocks and the remarkable news that Scottish kids got the same results as last year.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

98.7% pass rate. What's the point in that then?
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

How long before another higher grade is needed, which I suspect will be called A**. One day not in the far future, an A* will be for thickos, so those getting them today shouldn't jump too high. We could get rid of B's at some point before then, but keep the F for 'failed to turn up'.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    98.7% pass rate. What's the point in that then?
                    Not all passes are equal. A D is still crap even if it's a pass, the actual awarded grades don't matter as long as you can find the top people. Right now that means all A/A* grades but you don't get that without being a smart cookie, even with easier exams.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X