• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ground Zero mosque

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Zero mosque

Here's a story which can run and run

BBC News - Is 'Ground Zero mosque' debate fanning the flames?
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Here's a story which can run and run
    It´s been going on too long in Holland because Mr Self-Important himself, Geert Wilders, is going to hold a speech there on September 11th.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Americans are stupid. Apparently 20% (that's nearly a quarter for those who don't have good maths ) think Obama is a Muslim now, presumably because he's not white and has a funny name.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Americans are stupid. Apparently 20% (that's nearly a quarter for those who don't have good maths ) think O'Bama is a Muslim now, presumably because he's not white and has a funny name.
        I thought he was Irish.

Comment

Americans are stupid. Apparently 20% (that's nearly a quarter for those who don't have good maths ) think Obama is a Muslim now, presumably because he's not white and has a funny name.
          During the presidential campaigns a couple of the senior republicans "accidentally" called him Obama Bin Laden. Even the die hard republican crowds seemed to think that was below the belt
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            During the presidential campaigns a couple of the senior republicans "accidentally" called him Obama Bin Laden. Even the die hard republican crowds seemed to think that was below the belt
            I get the impression that the real political divide in the US right now is Sane and educated vs dumb hick. The republican party seems to have become so extreme that I can imagine many people with moderately right wing views will tolerate voting for the democrats simply to prevent someone like Sarah Palin getting her fingers near the armageddon button.

Comment

I think it's more "mad liberals" vs "dumb hicks". I've met a few educated Americans, but no sane ones.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

We are talking about a country where 1/5 of the population do not know where their own country is on a world map so it is hardly surprising.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I thought he was Irish.
                  B O'Bama
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Two important points that the American Right haven't yet managed to take on board:
                    1. It's not at Ground Zero;
                    2. It isn't a mosque.

Comment

Working...
                    X