• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You have to laugh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to laugh!

BBC News - Arthur Scargill loses NUM voting rights

"It will go down in the annals of trade union history as one of the most despicable actions by a trade union against one of the greatest leaders it has ever had"
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

See what happens when you try to start threads & venture an opinion... much better if you just snipe from the sidelines & add lots of laughing smilies

HTH

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Tedious Blah
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I didn't have to laugh ...

... but I did.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Notice they don't mention other factors as The Independent does:

Mr Scargill has received wide criticism for arguing about the withdrawal of payments to him from the union. It was reported in June that Mr Scargill's solicitor had written to the NUM to demand the reinstatement of concessionary benefits which were removed as a cost-cutting measure.

However union members were angry after it was revealed that Mr Scargill reportedly received tens of thousands of pounds in annual payments for a London flat.

Mr Scargill was given use of the property the Barbican area of the capital when the union was based nearby in 1982. But the offices have been in Sheffield since 1983, leading many to question why he was able to continue claiming expenses for the rent and running costs of the apartment.
          Arthur Scargill faces new fight – with his own union - Home News, UK - The Independent

Typical lefty, bangs on about the rich but has his own snout firmly in the trough. If his party got into power the rich and powerful and the privileged would still exist, the only differences from our current unequal society would be :

a) They would all be in government roles
          b) Their positions would have nothing to do with merit
          c) There would be no independent control on anything they did
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X