• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outraged….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outraged….

This super sized call centre woman in the canteen till queue yesterday with an overloaded plate – tuna pasta was falling off around the till.

She clearly saw it and ignored it.

More fell off at the cutlery station, so she said to her colleagues she had better clear up that lot.

She sits down at the table next to me, so I say “What about that lot by the till, people can walk into that”. She said she cannot be bothered and started troughing.

I was very tempted to react, ie, unleasing the canteen supervisor, or getting her name and speaking to her line manager, but calmly walked over to the spillage, cleared it up, and returned to my seat. This seemed to suitably humiliate her, which was a pleasant surprise.

What is it with people in the work place and the ‘Other people will clear my mess’ attitude?

I also had a truly shock, horror, moment today that you would be in awe of Wilmslow..

I caught the bus to work as normal and there was this elderly gent who, while getting up from the seat over the aisle from me to get off the bus... farted !!!! Unbelieveable, I am truly humiliated at the thought of it, I was tempted to go and tell him how disgusting his act was, get his id card number or perhaps his bus pass number and demand to the authoriites that he is banned from all future transport for his dispicable act... then I realised that it is simply a fact of life that old men fart, some people don't always clean up after themselves in a public canteen and decided to simply get on with my day.. if everyone had as perfect manners/thoughts/actions as you do Wilmslow then the world would be a very boring place IMO, it's the differences that make us unique..

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      I also had a truly shock, horror, moment today that you would be in awe of Wilmslow..

I caught the bus to work as normal and there was this elderly gent who, while getting up from the seat over the aisle from me to get off the bus... farted !!!! Unbelieveable, I am truly humiliated at the thought of it, I was tempted to go and tell him how disgusting his act was, get his id card number or perhaps his bus pass number and demand to the authoriites that he is banned from all future transport for his dispicable act... then I realised that it is simply a fact of life that old men fart, some people don't always clean up after themselves in a public canteen and decided to simply get on with my day.. if everyone had as perfect manners/thoughts/actions as you do Wilmslow then the world would be a very boring place IMO, it's the differences that make us unique..

Chef
      A bit quite on your project chef
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        This super sized call centre woman in the canteen till queue yesterday with an overloaded plate – tuna pasta was falling off around the till.

She clearly saw it and ignored it.

More fell off at the cutlery station, so she said to her colleagues she had better clear up that lot.

She sits down at the table next to me, so I say “What about that lot by the till, people can walk into that”. She said she cannot be bothered and started troughing.

I was very tempted to react, ie, unleasing the canteen supervisor, or getting her name and speaking to her line manager, but calmly walked over to the spillage, cleared it up, and returned to my seat. This seemed to suitably humiliate her, which was a pleasant surprise.

What is it with people in the work place and the ‘Other people will clear my mess’ attitude?
        I find the phrase "Your mother doesn't work here so you'd better get used to cleaning your own crap up!" usually works.

Comment

Young people tend to be the worst. It appears to take around 3 or 4 decades before humans to learn to use public bins effectively, e.g. in parks. By the time they are around 30, they are able to recognise a public bin, as long as it is not too far away and the first signs of its use begins, depositing small bits of rubbish in its general proximity, but at this age are not yet able to carry rubbish very far.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
            A bit quite on your project chef
            yes and it's costing me a lot in online shopping
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              I find the phrase "Your mother doesn't work here so you'd better get used to cleaning your own crap up!" usually works.
              It is actually quite likely her mother does work here, it is amazing how many people are related in this place! Not surprising as this is an old mining and farming community.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                It is actually quite likely her mother does work here, it is amazing how many people are related in this place! Not surprising as this is an old mining and farming community.
                Where's that then?
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

Chef
                  It's much worse if they follow through.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Young people tend to be the worst. It appears to take around 3 or 4 decades before humans to learn to use public bins effectively, e.g. in parks. By the time they are around 30, they are able to recognise a public bin, as long as it is not too far away and the first signs of its use begins, depositing small bits of rubbish in its general proximity, but at this age are not yet able to carry rubbish very far.
                    You want to try finding bins these days. Airports and train stations have had none for years. I was in the Arndale last weekend and had a empty bottle of coke to dispose of. I carried it for ages looking for a bin - eventually I found a cleaner and put it in his rubbish bag. He looked at me like I'd just pissed on his chips - would he had preferred it if I had dropped it on the floor?
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X