• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brushing your teeth at lunch time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushing your teeth at lunch time

Nearly every time I walk into the loo after lunch there's someoneone brushing their teeth.

This never happened back home. Perhaps the food is more corrosive here...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Nearly every time I walk into the loo after lunch there's someoneone brushing their teeth.

round here, theres loads of birds 'accidentally' tucking their dress hem into their knicks.
    Blooming temptresses they are

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Spooky.

The lady I share an office with has just popped out toothbrush in hand.

It was currywurst for lunch though. :yummy:

Comment

I have been meaning to comment on this before, I do not understand the need to brush your teeth durung the day in the office, especially when Big Ron is in trap two squirting last nights curry out.

Comment

I used to do that. The hygiene standards in the Continent are higher than in Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by markinbrussels View Post
            I used to do that. The hygiene standards in the Continent are higher than in Britain.
            Oh, so they're not filthy foreigners then, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

There was a fella in the US who was obviously a bit compulsive. Every time I went to head office I'd be in for 7am and they was doing his teeth in the restroom. I go in for morning dump and he'd carry on. He actually spent 20 minutes cleaning, flossing.

He then did the same after lunch for about 20 minutes.

Obsessive.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

bloody hell, surely twice a day is good enough!!
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  There was a fella in the US who was obviously a bit compulsive. Every time I went to head office I'd be in for 7am and they was doing his teeth in the restroom. I go in for morning dump and he'd carry on. He actually spent 20 minutes cleaning, flossing.

He then did the same after lunch for about 20 minutes.

Obsessive.
                  I'd be f**king obsessive too if I'd spent a serious amount of money on my teeth.

Comment

It's actually bad to clean your teeth after meals, because the enamel is a bit softer because of the enzymes, so you just end up brushing your enamel off. In fact the reason to brush your teeth is not to clean the food off but the plaque which takes several hours to build up. It's pointless cleaning your teeth 3 times a day, and in the morning you should clean your teeth before your breakfast.

Not many people know that.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X