• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

High Score on Scrabble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Score on Scrabble

Just got my high score on a game of scrabble against the computer on maximum level without cheating!

615 points. Managed 5 - 7 Letter words.

I make no bones about the fact I play Scrabble it keeps your brain in gear before an MMA bout.

Anyone have a better score on iPhone Scrabble?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just got my high score on a game of scrabble against the computer on maximum level without cheating!

I make no bones about the fact I play Scrabble it keeps your brain in gear before an MMA bout.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Just got your text and No...................XXZQYWP is NOT an actual word.

PS Nor is ZXWKKJV

Did you buy your iPhone in Poland FFS??
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I haven't installed any pay-for apps yet. Scrabble might be a contender if I ever do take the plunge, though I don't play Scrabble an awful lot (read decades ago) so I might be wasting my money. According to a review it eats batteries for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

I used to do Sudoku, helps with the count...

Comment

615 is very good.

My wife and I play regularly. I think one of us has hit over 600 once. Over 500 occurs every now and then, and over 400 regularly. Our joint match totals are usually 700+.

When you play against people who aren't up to your level, your own scores suffer as well, as they tend to screw up the board, closing off possibilities.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            When you play against people who aren't up to your level, your own scores suffer as well, as they tend to screw up the board, closing off possibilities.
            Oh that's right................blame the missus.............just cause she ain't logged in!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              That's part of the game!
              If I can see a potentially easy triple word score bonus but I don't have the letter tiles to make it myself and I also can't see a decent score for myself on my current turn then I will make sure that you don't get that bonus on your next turn
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Playing like that inevitably leads to lower scores overall. Not that that's a problem, because I still win the game.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  That's part of the game!
                  If I can see a potentially easy triple word score bonus but I don't have the letter tiles to make it myself and I also can't see a decent score for myself on my current turn then I will make sure that you don't get that bonus on your next turn
                  To be honest there are two schools of thought

1) Play the maximum points each time
                  2) Play the player

The first one is fine especially if you're playing a dullard, you'll always win so it doesnt matter.

The second one is more fun. Especially if your opponent is as good as you. I sometimes kill a board knowing that I have an extensive knowledge of 2 and 3 letter words, definitely block doubles/trebles with tulip words to make sure you never let an opponent take advantage, never leave triple or double hooks (a ZO on a triple in two directions is a killer)!
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

According to facebook, my highest score is 577. Got my first triple triple the other day - 'SALARIES' for 131 points - felt like I deserved more!

Comment

Working...
                    X