PDA

View Full Version : High Score on Scrabble

MarillionFan
26th August 2010, 13:07
Just got my high score on a game of scrabble against the computer on maximum level without cheating!

615 points. Managed 5 - 7 Letter words.

I make no bones about the fact I play Scrabble it keeps your brain in gear before an MMA bout.

Anyone have a better score on iPhone Scrabble?

shaunbhoy
26th August 2010, 14:03
Just got my high score on a game of scrabble against the computer on maximum level without cheating!

I make no bones about the fact I play Scrabble it keeps your brain in gear before an MMA bout.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Just got your text and No...................XXZQYWP is NOT an actual word.

PS Nor is ZXWKKJV

Did you buy your iPhone in Poland FFS??

TimberWolf
26th August 2010, 14:24
I haven't installed any pay-for apps yet. Scrabble might be a contender if I ever do take the plunge, though I don't play Scrabble an awful lot (read decades ago) so I might be wasting my money. According to a review it eats batteries for breakfast.

SupremeSpod
26th August 2010, 14:41

I used to do Sudoku, helps with the count... :laugh

NotAllThere
26th August 2010, 14:47
615 is very good. :yay:

My wife and I play regularly. I think one of us has hit over 600 once. Over 500 occurs every now and then, and over 400 regularly. Our joint match totals are usually 700+.

When you play against people who aren't up to your level, your own scores suffer as well, as they tend to screw up the board, closing off possibilities.

shaunbhoy
26th August 2010, 15:31
When you play against people who aren't up to your level, your own scores suffer as well, as they tend to screw up the board, closing off possibilities.

Oh that's right................blame the missus.............just cause she ain't logged in!!

:wink

Spacecadet
26th August 2010, 15:45

That's part of the game!
If I can see a potentially easy triple word score bonus but I don't have the letter tiles to make it myself and I also can't see a decent score for myself on my current turn then I will make sure that you don't get that bonus on your next turn

NotAllThere
26th August 2010, 16:31
Playing like that inevitably leads to lower scores overall. Not that that's a problem, because I still win the game.

MarillionFan
26th August 2010, 16:53
That's part of the game!
If I can see a potentially easy triple word score bonus but I don't have the letter tiles to make it myself and I also can't see a decent score for myself on my current turn then I will make sure that you don't get that bonus on your next turn

To be honest there are two schools of thought

1) Play the maximum points each time
2) Play the player

The first one is fine especially if you're playing a dullard, you'll always win so it doesnt matter.

The second one is more fun. Especially if your opponent is as good as you. I sometimes kill a board knowing that I have an extensive knowledge of 2 and 3 letter words, definitely block doubles/trebles with shit words to make sure you never let an opponent take advantage, never leave triple or double hooks (a ZO on a triple in two directions is a killer)!

mudskipper
26th August 2010, 17:24
According to facebook, my highest score is 577. Got my first triple triple the other day - 'SALARIES' for 131 points - felt like I deserved more!

shaunbhoy
26th August 2010, 17:31
Got my first triple triple the other day - 'SALARIES' for 131 points - felt like I deserved more!

Here you go k2p2..............have a :hug:

mudskipper
26th August 2010, 17:33
Here you go k2p2..............have a :hug:

Thank you! :hug:

Pogle
27th August 2010, 07:50
I prefer Suduko - Mr P and I decided a long time ago that we should never play scrabble again :o
he is a walking dictionary and I am crap at spelling.. we renamed it Squabble :D

Numbers are a lot easier