• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain in grip of 'shopaholic' epidemic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain in grip of 'shopaholic' epidemic

The lure of the high street proves too much for the majority of these people, who end up turning to a combination of credit cards, store cards and loans to feed their addiction.

It is not just the four million women - around one in six of the adult population - who have an unquenchable thirst for shopping. The latest report into Britain’s debt crisis claimed three million men - one in seven - are also shopaholics.
    FFS, are we turning into a nation of bedwetters?

Are peoples lives that shallow that they have to turn to consumerism to fill it?

This would never happened under communism!

Source.

It's sad isn't it.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

unbelieveable how low the people of the Uk have sunk...
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I definitley agree with this report. Odd occasions I have tended to go into a mall during week days I have been surprised at the number of women buzzing about the place buying clothes etc. This used to happen only during weekends.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Indeed. You won't see me filling my house up with crap I don't need until I can hardly move from the sofa to the kitchen without standing on something.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Bollocks.

If it was true Id be loaded!!!

Well more loaded!!!!!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Bollocks.

If it was true Id be loaded!!!

Well more loaded!!!!!
              I think it's more a key pointer to the true quality (or lack of it) with the tat youre selling..

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                unbelieveable how low the people of the Uk have sunk...
                are you being ironic?
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  It's sad isn't it.
                  I like buying stuff and having stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    yes.. the key difference between me and that article is that I can afford to buy my purchases having no loan, no mortgage, no kids (that I'm aware of), no store cards and clearing my credit card each month in full with a minimum of 9 months war chest and being in contract until the end of the year on better rates than I was earning in the Uk..

Comment

Working...
                    X