• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello everyone

First time post and looking for some advice please. I'm trying to return to contracting after being out of IT for three years, last contract was back in 2007 and before that I contracted for two years following a move from permie.

Apart from technology has anything changed much? Last time I contracted Jobserve was the place to scan each morning, is this still the case?

Unfortunately a lot of my agency contacts have since moved on and some I can't even remember so I really am starting from scratch. Any help and advice gratefully received !!

Originally posted by Sooty View Post
    Hello everyone

First time post and looking for some advice please. I'm trying to return to contracting after being out of IT for three years, last contract was back in 2007 and before that I contracted for two years following a move from permie.

Apart from technology has anything changed much? Last time I contracted Jobserve was the place to scan each morning, is this still the case?

Unfortunately a lot of my agency contacts have since moved on and some I can't even remember so I really am starting from scratch. Any help and advice gratefully received !!
    Job market has been dire for most, some of us have been lucky to remain in contract but generally not loads around. Jobserve still the place to look and build up your contacts again, although other posters may be able to suggest other alternatives.

Not a good time to be moving into contracting or back into contracting I would think is the general concensus.

Comment

Yeah from what I can see there doesn't seem to be many jobs about and the rates look to have fallen since my last spell of contracting.

The move back into contracting is a forced one for me, I started my own business three years ago which has gone belly up so I'm having to go back to what I know best just to keep the roof over our heads. You're probably right though timing is lousy!

Comment

Welcome Sooty!

While it's bad, it's not quite as grim as it was in the beginning of the year - at least I have an interview this week.

Good luck on your search.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Sooty View Post
          Hello everyone
          Try Linkedin, you might be able to track down some people there.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
          X