• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restaurant Service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurant Service

Walked out of 2 restaurants last night without even getting round to ordering food.

Ha Ha Bar and Grill, we got seated at a table which was in dire need of a wipe. It was so sticky I didn't even want to put my phone down on it. The staff seemed to be on some sort of drugs as well or have had some sort of training on how to not move their face whilst talking.

Then tried the Cattle Grid, 10 minutes and not even a drinks order taken.

In desperation we ended up at Nando's where the staff actually seemed to give a tulip about service.
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Walked out of 2 restaurants last night without even getting round to ordering food.

Ha Ha Bar and Grill, we got seated at a table which was in dire need of a wipe. It was so sticky I didn't even want to put my phone down on it. The staff seemed to be on some sort of drugs as well or have had some sort of training on how to not move their face whilst talking.

In desperation we ended up at Nando's where the staff actually seemed to give a tulip about service.
    Maybe they were being ironic?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Maybe they were being ironic?
      I think they were just being tulip
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Get Little Gordon on the case.

How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Brilliant find HAB! Part 1 good too.

If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
            Brilliant find HAB!
            The kid is talented.

Comment

So the boot's on the other foot?

Comment

Ah! The classic 'Don't you know who i am?' coupled with the 'i'm too good for this place!!'

Sounds like Nandos was your level!

Maybe next time try that Scottish burger restaurant or that Famous US Chicken emporium...
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Phone up the restaurant on your mobile, ask for the manager, and tell them their customers at table #X are still waiting. I've done this a few times now, and its worked every time along with a grovelling apology or some freebies.

Alternatively, just stand up on your chair in the middle of the restaurant. This usually attracts pretty quick attention. I tried this a few times in my younger/wilder days and once dropped my trousers (but was promptly thrown out).

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                    Phone up the restaurant on your mobile, ask for the manager, and tell them their customers at table #X are still waiting. I've done this a few times now, and its worked every time along with a grovelling apology or some freebies.
                    When mobiles where first becoming popular in the 80's some bars and restaurants in the City and West End would ask if you had one as you entered the place and take it off you, "We'll bring it over to you if it rings"; a bit like handing in your gun in the wild west. I was in one place where it was done and they were all racked up behind the bar with glasses in front of them containing a credit card for the tab.
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Working...
                    X