• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pond life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pond life

Got a call from an agent yesterday about a job in London. It was a FTC. The salary wasn't great but I was told it was a "Head of" and if I took it that it could escaalte my cv and status. Told them I wasn't interested and wished to remain as an interim.

Got a call back this morning saying that they had spoken to the client yesterday and the client thought it was highly unlikely they would get the calibre they need on FTC's so may well be that in a few weeks they will come out interim in which case and they would still still be keen to represent me.

They could have told me that yesterday. Pond life

Originally posted by The Central Scrutinizer View Post
    Got a call from an agent yesterday about a job in London. It was a FTC. The salary wasn't great but I was told it was a "Head of" and if I took it that it could escaalte my cv and status. Told them I wasn't interested and wished to remain as an interim.

Got a call back this morning saying that they had spoken to the client yesterday and the client thought it was highly unlikely they would get the calibre they need on FTC's so may well be that in a few weeks they will come out interim in which case and they would still still be keen to represent me.

They could have told me that yesterday. Pond life

Agents are the glue between the contractors and the employers

Comment

Originally posted by 117milestogo View Post
      agents are the glue between the contractors and the clients

ftfy

ftc?
      Last edited by Scrag Meister; 27 August 2010, 13:47.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
        FTFY
        Scrag - I realise that we like to pretend we are own bosses especially to make Mr Taxman like us, but lets face it, most of us in contracts turn up between 9 and 5 and get told what to do by our boss, almost as though they were an employer.

Still its good to keep the illusion of self control, makes us feel different to permies.

Comment

Originally posted by 117MilesToGo View Post
          Scrag - I realise that we like to pretend we are own bosses especially to make Mr Taxman like us, but lets face it, most of us in contracts turn up between 9 and 5 and get told what to do by our boss, almost as though they were an employer.

Still its good to keep the illusion of self control, makes us feel different to permies.

You could have done HMRC a favour and signed that off with your real name.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

You could have done HMRC a favour and signed that off with your real name.
            It wouldn't matter if I did. I'm caught by IR35 and don't pretend otherwise, not even to the taxman.

But then I don't live in some dreamworld where people go 'But I can choose when I take my lunchbreaks, that must mean Im clear of IR35'

Comment

Originally posted by 117MilesToGo View Post
              It wouldn't matter if I did. I'm caught by IR35 and don't pretend otherwise, not even to the taxman.

But then I don't live in some dreamworld where people go 'But I can choose when I take my lunchbreaks, that must mean Im clear of IR35'
              Well I'm very happy for you. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Well I'm very happy for you. Well done.
                Cheers mate, I knew you'd understand!

Comment

Working...
                X