• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best news of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best news of the day

Telegraph: Beer’s not to blame for weight gain
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Yeah, its those packet of crisps you had between the 7th and 8th pint that did all the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

Enjoyed several pints of real ale last night. Felt far too ill to eat this morning - pretty sure the net result must be weight loss.

Comment

I. LOVE. BEER.

20 minutes and I will start drowning myself in the stuff.

Comment

"Your spare tyre is probably due to all those pork scratchings you ate alongside your pint or even due to your breakfast orange juice which, health clubs please note, does contain fat.” "

I have lost nearly three stone this year and I put most of it down to not drinking fruit juice for breakfast and lunch like I used to do every day.

Comment

Orange juice = empty calories and tooth decay.

I think the comment that beer isn't fattening is slightly misleading though. When you go out on Friday and suck down 10 pints that's close to an extra 2,000 calories, nearly an extra day's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Setter View Post

I think the comment that beer isn't fattening is slightly misleading though. When you go out on Friday and suck down 10 pints that's close to an extra 2,000 calories, nearly an extra day's worth.

Fliping 'eck - to me that would fatal!
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Setter View Post

It's OK if you ride your bike to and from the pub though.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The inevitable fight after the 10 pints burns off most of the extra calories.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                  X